The Black Diamond Z-Poles are a great allrounder that will give you a good level of support on the hills and trails. The Z-Pole technology makes the simple and quick to use and pack away.
Black Diamond says:
Designed for everyday use by trail runners and hikers, the Distance Z is a dependable aluminium trekking pole featuring our quick and easy collapsing Z-Pole technology. Our lightweight and supportive Distance strap is breathable and moisture wicking, providing reliable three-season support for a wide array of mountain adventures.
The Black Diamond Z-Poles are a great go to for those looking to cover their distance quickly on trails or someone out for a more leisurely hike. They provide a very good level of support and for their weight are durable and comfortable in the hand so can be used for long periods of time without and fear of sore hands.
The Z-Pole technology allows them to pack away in to a compact size and are very easy to collapse and re-assemble, so they fit very well on the side of a pack, or even a smaller daysack.
The distance strap gives more support and the breathable material makes sure it is not an uncomfortable feature like the more traditional walking pole straps of the past.
- Reviewed by Ultralight Outdoor Gear
- Z-pole fixed length construction with speed-cone deployment
- Distance strap is breathable and moisture-wicking while maintaining comfort and support
- Optimized joint support and stiffness for increased durability
- Interchangeable tech tip compatible with both carbide and rubber tech tips included
- Removable low-profile baskets for versatility
- Z-Pole Snow Basket compatible
- Weight per pole: 172g (based on 100cm length)
- Available in 100, 110, 120, and 130cm lengths
Material & Construction
- 7075 Aluminum shafts
- Lightweight EVA foam grip and grip extension with breathable,
- Moisture wicking strap made from recycled materials