The updated Ultralight Insulated mat from Sea to Summit offers warmth and comfort in a super lightweight and small package with improved insulation for a warmer nights sleep.
Sea to Summit says
Featuring a women's specific shape that is wider at the hip and narrower at the shoulder, Exkin Platinum® and a thicker THERMOLITE® insulative layer are combined with a single layer of medium resolution cells, to give you a warm, light and small packed size mat without compromising our Air Sprung Cell™ comfort.
The Ultralight sleeping mat range has a single layer of medium resolution Air Sprung Cells™ to give you the lightest and smallest packed-volume mat without compromising comfort. To add warmth, we use Exkin® Platinum, a quiet non-woven fabric that reflects radiant heat loss back to the user and Thermolite® insulation to prevent convective heat loss between your body and the ground. All Sea to Summit sleeping mats come with a quality stuff sack, a repair kit containing six self adhesive patches for repairing punctures in the field, and a spare silicone one-way valve flap.
Single Layer Technology - Constructed as a single layer of medium resolution cells.
Sea to Summit's Women's 2020 Ultralight Insulated Sleeping Mat still has the air sprung cells that are the core technology of this mat, allowing you to have a comfortable nights sleep. Instead of the typical baffled construction, these sleeping mats are constructed using a matrix of air cells that move independently to conform to your body’s shape without affecting adjacent cells. Translated to backpacker-speak, that means you don’t flatten out spots under, say, your hipbones or shoulders.
This insulated version of the Ultralight sees an improved level of insulation to make the new ASTM R-Value (amount of warmth) much higher than previous models without sacrificing weight or pack size. It comes packaged with a Sea to Summit Airstream stuff sack and the part of the PillowLock system if you have a compatible pillow.
- Reviewed by Ultralight Outdoor Gear
- Air Sprung Cells™ conform to your body shape, providing a more even dispersion of pressure across the mattress for a more comfortable nights sleep
- Multi-function high flow-rate valve provides fast inflate, deflate and easy fine-tuning for personalised comfort
- Ultra-Fresh® anti-microbial treatment to the TPU formula to prevent internal mould growth
- Includes an Airstream™ Pump that is integrated into the stuff sack for quick and easy inflation
- Includes a repair kit for easy puncture repair in the field
- Included Pillow Lock™ system attaches Sea to Summit pillows to mat
- Weighs: 474g (excludes bag/pumpsack)
- Airstream pumpsack/storage bag weighs: 42g
- Dimensions: 168 x 55 x 5cm
- Packed Size: 9.5 x 23cm
- ASTM R-Value: 3.5
From 2020, there is a new industry standard for measuring the R-value (level of insulation) of sleeping mats – ASTM F3340-18. This new standard is the sleeping mat equivalent to the EN rating for sleeping bags.
You can now directly compare the R-value of mats rated using the ASTM F3340-18 with confidence that is a fair and accurate comparison between mats. In simple terms, the higher the R-value, the warmer the mat.
In general terms, an R-value below 2.0 is for summer use, 2.0 to 4.0 is for cooler 3 season use and 4.0+ is for winter temperatures. This will be also be dependent on your sleeping bag, how cold you sleep etc. Please contact our customer service team if you need advice on choosing the right mat for your activity.