The Helium Rain Jacket is a super lightweight, extremely breathable and fully waterproof jacket that will keep you protected in wet and windy conditions. The use of Diamond Fuse technology in the fabric has increased durability and abrasion resistance compared to the previous version but with no increase in weight.
Outdoor Research says
New and improved; Most durable lightweight storm protection with Diamond Fuse technology.
Building on the legacy of our award-winning Helium Collection, the completely revamped Helium Rain Jacket and Pants take durable lightweight waterproof protection to an entirely new level. Diamond Fuse technology enables the Helium Rain to be 5x more tear-resistant than the Helium II, and an even lighter weight. Completely seam-taped, waterproof, yet still breathable and comfortable in rugged conditions, the new Helium Rain Jacket and Pants will be the first thing any hiker, peak bagger, or off-trail adventurer will pack for the most durable lightweight rain protection.
The Helium Rain jacket is a new, improved version of the popular Helium jacket.
It's made from Pertex Shield Diamond Fuse 2.5L fabric that is waterproof, breathable and delivers high performance at a very low weight. Outdoor Research have used Diamond Fuse technology to improve durability and abrasion resistance with no increase in weight. Diamond shaped filaments in the yarn lock together to make a stronger fabric. Hydrostatic head has also increased compared to the version it replaces from 15,000mm to 20,000mm.
It can pack down really small into its chest pocket so it doesn't waste any space in your pack. The pocket has a small carabiner loop so you can attach it to your harness or bag for quick easy access.
The front and chest pocket zippers are YKK AquaGuard for extra protection from the elements. The jacket also features an adjustable hood, elasticated cuffs and a drawcord hem to help give you the best fit while keeping the cold air out. Its light weight makes it perfect as packable rain jacket for those days when you’re not sure what the weather is going to do.
The Helium Rain uses Outdoor Research's ‘Standard’ fit so it’s a straighter roomier cut compared to some more athletically cut lightweight shell jackets.
- Reviewed by Ultralight Outdoor Gear
- Fabric Performance: Waterproof, Windproof, Breathable, Durable, Lightweight, Fully Seam Taped
- Design Features: Adjustable Hood, YKK® AquaGuard® Zippers, Single Separating Center Front Zipper, Zip Chest Pocket, Chest Pocket Doubles as Stuff Sack, Carabiner Loop and Key Clip, Reflective Logo and Overlay at Forearm, Elastic Drawcord Hem, Elastic Cuffs
- XSmall (UK 08) weighs: 148g
- Small (UK 10) weighs: 152g
- Medium (UK 12) weighs: 160g
- Large (UK 14) weighs: 170g
- Fit: Standard
- Back length: 28.5" / 72cm
- Pertex® Shield Diamond Fuse 2.5L, 100% nylon, 30D ripstop
Help and advice: