The Nordisk Telemark 1 LW is an ideal tent for solo backpacking as it's extremely light and small, yet spacious and very strong.
Telemark 1 is a very spacious 1 person tent with a surprisingly low weight due to the technical construction and the choice of state-of-the-art fabrics and components.
Despite striving for the lowest weight possible, there are no compromises on function nor comfort. Inner pocket for storage, ventilation through mechanical construction as well as mesh window, easy adjustable guy ropes, magnet closing and as the most unique feature, the corner poles can also be used to convert the door into a tarp.
Every gram counts when back packing and while many modern back packing tents tip the scales at less than 1000 grams, not all of them are practical to use in challenging weather. The Telemark 1 LW is a spacious yet lightweight 1 man tent made from strong, lightweight aluminium poles that can withstand wind speeds of up to 25.0 m/sec. What makes it unique is that it has a large vestibule for storage of gear and the whole tent can be erected in under 4 minutes with a little practice.
The Telemark 1 comes in 2 versions, the model featured here is the lightweight (LW) model, which weighs in at 794 grams (excluding pegs) and uses aluminium poles. There is also an ultra lightweight (ULW) version that weighs in at 756 grams (excluding pegs) and uses carbon poles. Depending on how important weight is to you, you could save yourself a few bob with the LW version or save on weight with the ULW version.
- Reviewed by Ultralight Outdoor Gear
- Ultra light and compact
- Easy and quick pitch
- Adjustable cabin width
- Porch for storage of gear and footwear
- Outer door can be converted into a canopy
- Smart arch construction for optimised airflow
- YKK zippers and Duraflex trim
- Cordura corner pole pockets for extreme durability
- Aluminium O-rings on guy ropes for flexible pegging
- Inner pocket works as integrated pack sack
- Flysheet weighs: 344g
- Inner tent weighs: 330g
- Poles weigh: 120g
- Total weight: 794g
- Pegs and accessories weigh: 46g
- Capacity: 1P
- Flysheet dimensions: 235 (L)x 138 (W)x 96 (H) cm
- Inner tent dimensions: 220 (L) x 98 (W) x 86 (H) cm
- Pack size: 12 x 41 cm
- Flysheet: 100% Nylon, Rip Stop, 10D, Silicon Coating / 2000mm Hydrostatic Head
- Inner tent: 100% Nylon, Rip Stop, 15D
- Floor: 100% Nylon, Rip Stop, 20D, PU Coating / 8000mm Hydrostatic Head
- Pegs: 4 x Triple Twister pegs Aluminium, 9g each