The X-Plorer Kit bag is a lightweight dry bag with shaped, comfortable shoulder straps ideal as a waterproof back pack for water sports, climbing, motor cycling etc.
This stuff sack is the perfect choice for canyoning, climbing or caving. It is also a favourite luggage piece on motorcycles. The combination of rucksack and dry bag is by far lighter than a conventional backpack with carrying system. It is available in two sizes, and when empty, it can be rolled into a flat little package.
Ortlieb's improved X-Plorer Kitbag is an excellent compromise between dry bags and back packs. The bags features a reliable roll top closure with side release buckles and D rings for additional anchoring or safeguarding with a lock. They also have an extra loop on the bottom for anchoring and holding in place. This spacious dry bag is now even easier to carry with its large carry handle and solid, adjustable straps. The padded shoulder and chest straps with welded suspension points have been reshaped and redesigned to make them more comfortable.
Both 35 and 59 litre bags are easy to access thanks to its large top opening and wide base, allowing you to use all the space in your bag. When the bags empty it can be folded down flat and stored away with out taking up much room.
- Reviewed by Ultralight Outdoor Gear
- Dry-Bag with shoulder straps in two sizes (35 and 59 liters) with time-proven roll closure
- Ideal as a waterproof backpack for motor cycling, climbing and water sports
- Ergonomically haped shoulder straps for greater range of motion
- Chest strap easy to take off
- D-rings for fixing, locking or holding
- Bottom loop for anchoring and holding
- An excellent compromise between dry bags and backpacks
- Lighter than a conventional backpack
- Foldable, requires only little space for transport
- Easy to clean inside
- Weight: 696g
- Height: 60 cm
- Diameter: 27 cm
- Circumference: 83 cm
- Weight: 866g
- Height: 70 cm
- Diameter: 31 cm
- Circumference: 96 cm