A simple and effective take on the old flask but the super thin, ultralight design saves loads of weight and transforms this modern incarnation. With 500ml of your favourite drink being kept warm or cold for the day you'll end up taking this out more than you expected.
GSI Outdoors says
GSI Outdoors' Microlite 500 Twist Vacuum Bottle has been designed to save serious amounts of weight on traditional flasks while adding features that make it easier to use. The ultra-thin walls on the flask save significant amounts of weight without affecting the performance. It still keeps cold drinks cold for a really long time and has kept my hot drinks warm for an entire day out in the hills. The simple twist lid means that there is little to go wrong and it's easy to fill and clean.
This flask feels chunky and solid which I love for an real outdoors piece of kit. The tall, thin design is particularly nice as it fits in your pack easily. The rubber grip on the base provides extra stability and durability which is great when you're out in the hills and sit down for a drink so you don't have to worry about where to put it down.
- Reviewed by Ultralight Outdoor Gear
- Incredibly lightweight, vacuum-insulated bottle provides 10 hrs. heat and 20 hrs. cold retention while being 1/3rd lighter than traditional designs.
- Impossibly thin, 2mm walls are actually thinner than most single wall plastic bottles for an amazingly compact footprint that fits anywhere.
- 18/8 stainless steel boasts unrivaled purity and durability
- Secure, screw top cap includes leverage enhancing lobe which makes opening frozen bottles easy- even with mittens or gloves.
- Leash provides convenient attachment point.
- Weight: 224g
- Capacity: 500ml / 17 fl. oz.
- Dimensions: 3.3 in x 2.6 in x 8.3in
- Material: Stainless steel