UOG TOP PICK - Mountain Equipment's Ibex Mountain Pant - We've singled out Mountain Equipment's Ibex Mountain Pants as one of our top recommendations because they have an excellent blend of stretch and durability which makes them super versatile. They have a nice fit, multiple pockets and come with a useful removable belt - all at a very reasonable cost.
The Mountain Equipment Ibex Pant is an extremely versatile and durable softshell pant, ideal for mountaineering and trekking in cooler conditions year-round.
Mountain Equipment says
Designed for the adventurous hill-walker, scrambler and mountaineer in need of a lightweight mountain pant that can cope with technical terrain and fluctuating temperatures. Perfect for long days above the tree line.
The Mountain Equipment Ibex Mountain Pant are some seriously durable pants. I have had a pair of these for a number of years now and they are still going strong, which is very surprising considering the abuse I've put them through.
The EXOLITE non-membrane soft shell fabric is extremely breathable and engineered to repel wind, rain and snow at levels appropriate to their use. The alpine fit offers great freedom of movement on hikes and scrambles, with all the comfort needed for long days in the hills.
Feature wise you get ankle zips with an internal gusset panel for fitting over boots, an integrated belt for the perfect fit and plenty of storage space with 5 zipped pockets.
- Reviewed by Ultralight Outdoor Gear
- EXOLITE 210 stretch double weave Soft Shell fabric
- Alpine fit with regular fit ankle
- 2 zipped hand pockets and 1 rear zipped pocket
- 2 zipped thigh pockets with integrated mesh lining
- Integrated belt with double press-stud waist closure
- Microfleece lined waistband for improved comfort
- Low volume lower leg; ankle zips with internal gusset panel
- Drawcord channel at hem (drawcord not included)
- 30" waist weighs: 420g
- 32" waist weighs: 434g
- 34" waist weighs: 444g
- 36" waist weighs: 454g
- 38" waist weighs: 482g
*All weights include belt