Mountain Equipment's 2020 Frostline Down Jacket is an improvement on the previous version in specification, features and look, making it a definite contender for an adaptable down layer for day-to-day use.
Mountain Equipment says
An ultralight duvet with a weather-resistant shell for alpinists and trekkers needing extra warmth and a tiny pack size.
A minimalist, low bulk down jacket that provides essential extra insulation on fast moving days. DRILITE® Loft shell fabric gives impressive weather resistance for added peace of mind in exposed situations and a protective hood extends the Frostline’s range further still.
Mountain Equipment's 2020 Frostline Down Jacket in the ever-competitive market for versatile lightweight down jackets offers all the features to grab your attention. As with previous versions the Frostline, the pack size is impressively small, making it easier to stow compared to its closest competitors.
The Fill Power and weight has been improved upon resulting in a warmer jacket than its predecessor, thus more in keeping with Montane’s Featherlite and Rab’s Microlight within the same category, where it previously fell short.
For those in between sizes such as I find myself with ME products, I opted to size up to the Large due to the new Frostline being slightly more fitted thus tighter across the chest and I found the arm length to be more advantageous (I have a chest size of 41’’ and 6’1’’ in height).
Overall, the ME Frostline is an improvement on the previous version in specification, features and look, making it a definite contender for an adaptable down layer for day-to-day use.
- Reviewed by Ultralight Outdoor Gear
- DRILITE® Loft 20D outer fabric; totally windproof and highly water resistant
- 136g (Size L) of Pure Down with a minimum content of 90/10 700 fill power
- Stitched-through baffle construction throughout
- Adjustable Elastane bound Mountain HC Hood
- 2-way YKK® moulded centre front zip
- 2 zipped hand warmer pockets
- Napoleon chest pocket
- Elastane bound cuffs and adjustable dual tether hem drawcords
- Packs into hand pocket with twin karabiner carry loops
- Small weighs: 378g
- Medium weighs: 398g
- Large weighs: 422g
- Outer: DRILITE® Loft 20D, totally windproof and highly water resistant
- Insulation: 136g (Size L) of Pure Down with a minimum content of 90/10 700 fill power
- Content: 100% polyamide outer/inner, Down fill
Help & advise: