UOG TOP PICK - Sea to Summit Ether Light XT – Focussed equally on lightweight and comfort the Ether Light XT Series sleeping mats are super lightweight but also very comfortable mats.
Sea to Summits Ether Light XT Sleeping Mats offer exceptional comfort in a very light and small package. Ideal for side sleepers thanks to it's impressive 10cm depth.
Sea to Summit says
Perfect for side sleepers, the extra height of this mat lets hips sink deeper into it without touching the ground.
Larger air pockets are created by using many looped TPU baffles which connect the top and bottom fabric layers with our Air Sprung Cell dot weld pattern. The looped baffles allow the top and bottom layers to be positioned further apart creating larger pockets of air when inflated that require less fabric overall.
The Sea to Summit's Ether Light XT Air Sleeping Mat impresses straight out of the box. It was straightforward to inflate with the the well thought out integrated stuff and pump sack. I found it surprisingly easy to roll up and fit into the stuff sack something I cannot say for some other inflatable mats.
The depth of the mat sets it apart from its competitors and providing extra comfort and keeping you further away from the cold ground whichever way you sleep. The outer fabric is tough and grippy so the mat will stay where you want it.
- Reviewed by Ultralight Outdoor Gear
- Extra Thick (XT) loop baffle Air Sprung Cells
- Lighter, quieter and grippy 30/40D Nylon fabric is easily field repairable with the included self-adhesive patches
- Ultra-Fresh anti-microbial treatment is added to the TPU formula to prevent internal mould growth
- Air Sprung Cells for a more comfortable sleep
- Multi-functional, high flow-rate valve
- PillowLock attaches your Aeros pillow to your mat, holding it in place for a slip free sleep
- Weighs: 358g (excludes bag/pumpsack)
- Airstream pumpsack weighs: 40g
- Dimensions: 183 x 55 x 10cm
- Packed Size: 9 x 19cm
- ASTM R-Value: 1.2
From 2020, there is a new industry standard for measuring the R-value (level of insulation) of sleeping mats – ASTM F3340-18. This new standard is the sleeping mat equivalent to the EN rating for sleeping bags.
You can now directly compare the R-value of mats rated using the ASTM F3340-18 with confidence that is a fair and accurate comparison between mats. In simple terms, the higher the R-value, the warmer the mat.
In general terms, an R-value below 2.0 is for summer use, 2.0 to 4.0 is for cooler 3 season use and 4.0+ is for winter temperatures. This will be also be dependent on your sleeping bag, how cold you sleep etc. Please contact our customer service team if you need advice on choosing the right mat for your activity.