Versatile, packable and reliable this hardworking piece is a perfect addition to any outdoor adventure kit list. This technical and sustainable winter jacket blends PrimaLoft Insulation Type and Pertex fabrics for durable, lightweight warmth.
Updated for this season with recycled insulation and fabrics, our lightweight and hardwearing Xenon 2.0 uses post-consumer waste, instead of making more. We built this synthetic insulated hooded jacket for mountain action all year round, from climbing and biking, to skiing and mountaineering.
The Xenon 2.0 is insulated with quick-drying PrimaLoft® Silver, a lightweight, packable, and water-resistant insulation made from 100% recycled plastic bottle chips. With ultra-soft fibres, finer than cashmere, it’s a high lofting, eco-friendly insulation alternative. Ideal for tackling rugged terrain, the jacket uses a weather resistant, recycled Pertex® Quantum ripstop outer, finished with a fluorocarbon-free DWR. The lining is also made from a recycled Atmos™ fabric, making the new Xenon 2.0 the premium choice for sustainability.
The jacket features chevron shaped quilting on the torso to increase breathability and non-quilted sheet insulation across the shoulders for better weather protection. It has a two-way YKK® VISLON® front zip, for ease of use with a harness, and has been designed for dynamic movement, offering increased freedom and articulation for high energy activities. It has two concealed hand pockets and an internal security pocket that doubles as a stuff sack, creating a low bulk package for stashing in your pack.
Rab's Xenon 2.0 Insulated Jacket is a minimalist approach to an insulated piece. It's a simple design and provides an immediate hit of no-nonsense warmth to you when you need it most. There's elastication around the wrists and rim of the hood that does an adequate job at keeping cold winds at bay, but the hood doesn't offer any adjustability which is a big downside in my eyes.
This minimalist approach is obviously to keep the weight down, however there's one drawcord adjuster around the hem of the jacket, this combined with the lack of adjustability in the hood really makes me question if the minimalist approach is too minimal.
- Reviewed by Ultralight Outdoor Gear
- 2-way opening YKK® VISLON® front zip with insulated internal zip baffle and chin guard
- 2 YKK® concealed zipped hand pockets
- 1 YKK® internal zipped pocket, doubles as integrated stuff sack
- Quilted sheet insulation over torso for increased breathability
- Unperforated sheet insulation over shoulders & arms for increased protection
- Articulated sleeves for mobility. Adjustable hem
- Small weighs: 349g
- Medium weighs: 359g
- Large weighs: 390g
- XLarge weighs: 406g
- Fit: Reguar
- Centre back length (Size M): 78cm/30.7inch
Material & Construction
- Outer Fabric: Lightweight and packable recycled 30D Pertex® Quantum ripstop fabric with fluorocarbon-free DWR (50gsm)
- Lining: 20D recycled Atmos ripstop (41gsm)
- Insulation: PrimaLoft® Silver 100% post-consumer recycled Insulation Type. 60gsm