A tough, lightweight shell, for those who move fast, and need breathable, hard-working protection.
The ultimate in lightweight and breathable waterproof protection for ultra runners, the Spine Jacket uses GORE-TEX Active shell to provide reliable weather protection for training missions and racing alike.
The Spine Jacket takes its name, and inspiration from the Spine race, regarded as one of the world's toughest endurance races, it’s a winter race along the Pennine Way, so this jacket needs to live up to that name, and I’m pleased to say it does.
It's made from a 13 denier GORE-TEX Active shell, which is incredibly breathable, but offers serious protection from the wind and rain. The hood sits nicely, and can be adjusted with 2 draw cords, it has a wired peak to keep the rain out of your eyes. A draw cord around the hem to keep the wind out, and semi elasticated cuffs.
The 2 large hand warming pockets are large enough to accommodate a map, and are mesh-backed which adds to the breathability of the jacket, as well as helping to ventilate excess heat.
It’s a really packable jacket when not in use, and is less than 220g ( based on size UK 12), a hard-wearing jacket for long days in the hills, a very impressive bit of kit.
- Reviewed by Ultralight Outdoor Gear
- Fully micro seam taped construction
- Adjustable low-profile hood with rear pre-elastication and stiffened peak
- Full length lightweight YKK AQUAGUARD® front zip with internal storm flap
- Two mesh-lined hand pockets with YKK AQUAGUARD® zips
- Shaped cuffs with partial pre-elastication
- Fully adjustable hem
- VIA Trail Series® reflective logo details
- Activities: Trail Running
- UK 08 weighs: 203g
- UK 10 weighs: 213g
- UK 12 weighs: 219g
- UK 14 weighs: 232g
Material & Construction
- 13 Denier GORE-TEX Active shell technology
- Back length: 67cm (size UK 10)
- Hydrostatic head: 28,000mm
- MVTR/Air permeability RET: <3.5