The Women's Salvo Jacket is a midweight softshell jacket with a honeycomb fleece backer providing extra warmth and weather protection, ideal for active use in cold conditions.
Breathable and lightweight, the Women's Salvo Jacket is optimised for active fast-moving use such as scrambling and mountain walking. The Matrix two-layer bonded fabric provides high levels of stretch and offers great freedom of movement. Features include waterproof zips throughout, an adjustable wired peak hood, and hook and loop adjustable cuffs.
Offering good wicking and high breathability, the Women's Salvo Jacket is the ideal all-mountain softshell for walkers and scramblers.
The latest version of the women's Rab Salvo Jacket has had a few tweaks. The fabric has been updated to be warm yet lighter than before and the jacket has been re-styled for a better fit.
It's far from being one of our lightest softshell jackets but as it's designed for active use in cold conditions I wouldn't expect it to be. What it's best suited for is fast moving scrambling and walking. It doesn't feature a membrane on the back which adds to it's appeal as a soft, highly breathable layer for fast action in the mountains.
The matrix 2 layer bonded softshell fabric provides warmth and moderate protection. It has a stretch nylon face which is durable without inhibiting movement and a honeycomb fleece backer which helps trap heat in.
- Reviewed by Ultralight Outdoor Gear
- Matrix™ 2 layer bonded softshell fabric
- Stretch nylon face with polyester honeycomb fleece backer
- Fully adjustable hood with flexible polymer peak
- YKK® VISLON front zip with internal storm flap
- 2 YKK® zipped, mesh-lined hand pockets
- YKK® zipped, mesh-lined chest pocket
- Hook and loop adjustable cuffs
- Hem drawcord
- UK 08 weighs: 504g
- UK 10 weighs: 556g
- UK 12 weighs: 576g
- Fit: Regular
- Fabric Outer: Matrix™: Less than 10cfm, 277g/m², 40d/40d, 87%nylon, 13% spandex (face), 100% polyester (back)