For long days on the trail, Patagonia's Rainshadow Jacket is lightweight and stretchy, using 3-layer H2No Performance Standard technology for exceptional waterproof/breathable performance, unrestricted mobility, and all-day comfort.
When rain pitter patters on the windshield on the way to the trailhead, the Rainshadow Jacket keeps morale up with all-day protection and on-the-move comfort. The H2No™ Performance Standard waterproof and breathable 3-layer shell has stretch nylon face fabric, tricot backer to ensure next-to-skin comfort, and neatly stuffs into its left-front pocket (with a carabiner clip-in loop). A two-way adjustable hood has a laminated visor that can be rolled down and easily stashed with a simplified cord-and-hook design. All zippers, including pit zips, center-front zipper, and pockets are coated with a DWR finish to keep things water-tight. With self-fabric hook-and-loop cuff closures and dual-adjust drawcord hem.
Patagonia's Rainshadow is updated, providing a more durable high performace jacket. It's well thought out using Patagonia's renowned and durable H2No fabric which in this jacket is 100% recycled! For a full 3 layer shell jacket it is comfortable on the skin with the small amount of stretch further adding to the comfort level. The hood will fit over a helmet but can quickly be adjusted to a snug fit with a single toggle on the back of the hood.
The jacket is of reasonable length ending just below the waist, the fit is quite roomy, designed to be worn over layers. There are 2 handwarmer pockets with water resistant zips and a small chest pocket with a storm flap that will easily fit a phone. The velcro adjustment on the cuffs have a large range. In case you are going hard there are pit zips to let out some steam. Another useful feature is the jacket stuffs into the chest pocket so can be tidily packed away and attached to a harness or outside of a rucksack so can be readily available when needed.
- Reviewed by Ultralight Outdoor Gear
(Unfortunately, we are unable to ship Patagonia products outside of the European Area (defined as the European Economic Area plus Switzerland and the UK))
- Stretch 3-layer waterproof/breathable H2No® Performance Standard shell provides unrestricted mobility, the highest levels of comfort and performance, and long-term waterproof durability
- Two-way-adjustable hood with a laminated visor rolls down and stows with a simplified cord-and-hook design
- Coated, watertight center-front zipper and welted, venting pit zips are treated with a DWR (durable water repellent) finish
- Exterior left-chest pocket with coated, watertight zipper, and welted handwarmer pockets have DWR-treated zips
- Self-stuffs into left-front pocket with carabiner clip-in loop
- Minimal self-fabric hook-and-loop cuff closures
- Dual-adjust drawcord hem seals out weather; Fair Trade Certified™ sewn
- XSmall (UK 08) weighs: 332g
- Small (UK 10) weighs: 348g
- Medium (UK 12) weighs: 354g
- Large (UK 14) weighs: 386g
- Fit: Regular
- H2No® Performance Standard shell: 3-layer, 2.2-oz 30-denier ECONYL® 100% recycled nylon stretch ripstop face, polycarbonate PU membrane with 13% bio-based content, a tricot backer and a DWR (durable water repellent) finish.
- Fabric is certified as bluesign® approved.
- Fair Trade Certified™ sewn
Help and advice: