Insulation Type in a jacket that is designed to keep you warm without slowing you down. Zoned insulation keeps you warm while stretch fleece panels increase breathability and ease of movement.
Warm PrimaLoft® ThermoPlume insulation in the core body and overarms is combined with STRIA Lite stretch fleece in the side body and under the arms for enhanced movement and comfort whilst moving fast when climbing or trekking. A hooded jacket with versatility as a mid layer or outer layer.
Montane's Womens Phoenix Stretch Insulated Jacket uses a mix of PrimaLoft ThermoPlume Black and Silver to provide the warmth of down while its synthetic nature keeps you warm when wet unlike down. As the insulation is zoned it means that you benefit from warmth where its most needed while stretch fleece panels allow increased breathability and temperature regulation. The fit and design is all aimed at providing warmth for you when you are active so it is comfortable under a shell and works well when pulled out of your pack too.
The Thermo Stretch fleece panels have a nice striped pattern to it and run up the sides and down the underside of the arms to the cuffs. Both the cuffs and hood are elasticated to help keep the cold out and the heat in. Overall I would be quite happy wearing this as a mid-layer in cold conditions or as a stand-alone outer.
- Reviewed by Ultralight Outdoor Gear
- Insulated under helmet hood with stretch bound face aperture
- Full length YKK front zip with internal storm flap
- Two zipped hand pockets
- Pre-elasticated cuffs
- Close fit hem
- Activities: Climbing / Mountaineering / Mountain Walking
- UK 08 weighs: 366g
- UK 10 weighs: 378g
- UK 12 weighs: 400g
- Back length: 67.5cm (UK12)
- UPDATED PERTEX® QUANTUM ECO 50% recycled outer with DWR main body
- 88g (UK 12) of PrimaLoft® Black ThermoPlume insulation in the core body and overarms
- 60g/m2 PrimaLoft® Silver 100% recycled insulation in the hood and over shoulders
- 100% recycled PEAQ Synthetic ECO lining