The Perimeter provides adjustability, versatility and comfort. This is a great pack that is top quality and uses a number of innovative features to enhance the fit and comfort for users.
Granite Gear says
Body Diversity every person has a unique build, shape and size. Your pack should fit accordingly. The latest step in evolving Granite Gear's fit-focus is the Perimeter series. The series introduces an additional element in fine-tuning the suspension system to one's body: Shoulder Width Adjustment with regular and wide settings along vertical daisy-chained webbing. When adjusting the torso height, simply choose which shoulder width and re-secure the clip to the corresponding webbing anchor points on each side. The series also utilizes the patent-pending Re-Fit waist belt to wrap around your hips just right.
The Perimeter suspension system utilizes a durable spring steel rod outline to give the pack ergonomic form. The spring steel perimeter rod works in tandem with a PE board cone to disperse weight effectively and also allows for secure anchor points for the shoulder straps to attach to.
Granite Gear's Womens Perimeter 50 Litre Rucksack is a highly adaptable pack that is designed to be as comfortable as possible for users. The pack is built around a spring steel rod suspension frame combined with adjustable torso height and width to give you the best fit. The adjustments are easy to make and changes can certainly be made quickly when you're on the trail depending on your needs.The shoulder straps use a dual density foam to give you a comfortable and supportive feel even when you have a full load and this works brilliantly with the hip belt and back panel.
As usual with Granite Gear the pack is highly versatile with removable parts allowing you to make the pack work for you when circumstances change. There are a few really useful external stretch mesh pockets, two large zip pockets at the top and bottom, along with decent sized hip belt pockets. The top pocket on the lid can be removed with a roll top closure underneath still providing protection from the elements. The Perimeter isn't the lightest pack with this 50L version weighing in at 1474g but they are supremely comfortable and the adjustability will be worth the added weight for a lot of people.
- Reviewed by Ultralight Outdoor Gear
- Perimeter Suspension (Spring Steel rod outline with PE sheet core) with 40lb (18kg) load rating
- Adjustable torso height and width
- Dual density shoulder harness with load-lifter straps and removable sternum strap
- RE-FIT fully adjustable dual density hip belt (from 26-42in on Unisex & from 24-40in on Women’s Fit)
- Dual large hip belt pockets with DWR treated zippers
- Cinch-and-roll closure with crossing webbing straps to compress and secure the pack's contents
- Removable lid flap with DWR treated zipper
- Bottom flap for additional sleeping pad storage location
- Bottom flap has a zippered pocket for storing rainfly
- Hydration port & internal hydration sleeve
- Stretch woven side pockets
- Stretch woven front pocket
- Side compression straps
- Robic high tenacity nylon (100D and custom 210D)
- Weight: 1388g
- Torso size: 15" - 18" (38-46cm)
- Weight: 1474g
- Torso size: 18"-21" (46-53.5cm)
- Litres: 50
- Cubic inches: 3050
- Load rating: 18kg / 40lb
- Material: Robic high tenacity nylon (100D and custom 210D)