The women's Montane Minimus Jacket is a great example of a lightweight waterproof jacket. The fabric performs very well and offers a good ratio of waterproofing and breathability. It has a well designed feature set that you tend to only find on heavier jackets. An extremely lightweight jacket that will keep you comfortable and dry while out on the trails.
Revolutionary combination of performance, weight and breathability for fast paced mountain activities. Constructed from ultralight PERTEX® SHIELD , which offers full waterproof protection with the highest levels of breathability for the ultimate balance of weight and performance.
This updated version of the popular women's Montane's Minimus Jacket has seen a few tweaks to improve the overall style and functionality of the jacket. Not only have they managed to make it cheaper for what was already considered a reasonable price, it's now even lighter than before at only 172g (UK12). To get this they have compromised a little with the fabric, now using Pertex Shield instead of Pertex Shield+ which only affects the breathability slightly taking it to 20,000 instead of 25,000 g/m2/24hrs but it's waterproofing has stayed the same.
The style lines and trim have also been updated but they have kept it's key features such as the cord adjuster round the head/hood - so the hood will follow your head when you turn it. It can now stuff away into it's own chest pocket instead of a separate storage sack which is better as you don't have to worry about loosing it.
Overall it still stands as one of our lightest waterproof jackets with good waterproofing and breathability characteristics.
- Reviewed by Ultralight Outdoor Gear
- Refinement of style lines and updated trim
- Fully adjustable helmet compatible roll - away hood with wired peak
- Articulated arms with engineered tailoring
- Full length YKK AquaGuard® front zip with internal storm flap
- Mesh lined, map - sized YKK chest pocket with YKK AquaGuard® zip
- Adjustable cuffs and hem
- 360° ‘DUSK TILL DAWN’ reflectivity
- Stuffs away into own chest pocket
- UK 08 weighs: 168g
- UK 10 weighs: 174g
- UK 12 weighs: 178g
- UK 14 weighs: 186g
- UK 16 weighs: 190g
- Back length: 69cm (UK12)
- 15 Denier PERTEX® SHIELD with dry touch backer
- 15,000mm HH, 20,000 g/m2/24hrs