The women's Montane Meteor Jacket provides good waterproof protection in a well designed jacket with a technical feature set. A good all-rounder for price and functionality.
A modern classic, the Meteor Jacket is a lightweight waterproof Jacket with PERTEX® SHIELD fabric with Dry Touch, with all the essential features required to make it the go to shell for mountain walking and everyday general use.
The women's Montane Meteor Jacket is an accomplished style in a proven fabric. It's great value, made from quality Pertex Shield fabric that is more hard-wearing than some "superlight" Jackets out there, and yet they have managed to keep the price down, making it a good all-rounder for price and functionality.
Design wise the Meteor has all the features required - such as a technical wired peak hood which can move with you, velcro adjustable cuffs to keep the heat in and cold out, pit zips for extra ventilation and two high set pockets that are large enough to store a map.
Weight wise it sits somewhere in the middle, it's not super light which is better for durability and it's still light enough to be a throw in your bag layer in case you're stuck in a downpour.
- Reviewed by Ultralight Outdoor Gear
- Women’s specific tailoring and fit
- Fully adjustable roll-away hood with wired peak
- Mid-height collar
- Full length YKK front zip with internal storm flap
- Pit zips with YKK zips
- Two mesh lined, map-sized hand pockets with YKK zips
- Adjustable cuffs and hem
- Subtle reflective details
- Activities: Mountain Walking / Trekking
- UK 08 weighs: 284g
- UK 10 weighs: 288g
- UK 12 weighs: 300g
- Back length: 70.5cm (UK 12)
- 40 Denier PERTEX® SHIELD with Dry Touch backer