UOG TOP PICK - Sea to Summit Women's Flame Sleeping Bags -quite simply the lightest bags available at these temperature ratings.
The Sea to Summit Women's Flame FmII is minimalist in the true sense of the word, it only includes a few key features but delivers exceptional warmth given its very low weight. The high performance women's specific design across the range is pretty unique.
Sea to Summit says
Ultra-light and technical, our Flame Series bags are designed to keep you as warm as possible while minimising packed weight and size.
The Flame Series spans everything from an ultralight liner to an expedition weight mid-winter bag. While the end usage is very different, they reflect a design ethos of matching weather conditions to the lightest bag possible.
The secret to the impressive performance is a combination of premium materials and careful design. The RDS 850+ Loft premium goose down, light-gauge #3 YKK zip and high performance 10D Nylon shell and 7D lining fabrics, set the stage for a superior performance. These materials are combined with a contoured mummy design for efficient insulation, and that mummy design is then tweaked for each model to best fit the use scenario.
The women's specific fit is wider at the hip and narrower at the shoulder and we've added extra down overall for increased warmth.
Our Ultra-Dry Down water-repellent treatment protects the down from external moisture and condensation from the inside of the bag, virtually eliminating the negative effects moisture has on down. All Sea to Summit Down Sleeping Bags use Responsible Down Standard (RDS) certified down. The Ultra-Dry Down protection also makes the Flame an impressive hard-alpine or adventure racing bag, where every gram is counted and down has never been a viable option.
Sea to Summit's Womens Flame Fm0 Down Sleeping Bag, is a true minimalist bag that uses the lightest materials and highest quality, responsibly sourced down to deliver an exceptionally high warmth to weight ratio, when compared to other similarly rated bags.
The contoured mummy shape isn't too constrictive and the super thin and light outer fabrics means more care will be needed than with more heavy duty bags. The bag compresses down to a very small size.
- Reviewed by Ultralight Outdoor Gear
- Women's specific contoured mummy shape for efficient insulation
- Ultralight 7D and 10D fabrics for minimal weight and packed size
- RDS 850+ Loft Premium Goose ULTRA-DRY Down for maximum insulation value
- Vertical chest baffles prevent down migration and cold spots
- Ideal for mid-summer fast hikes or adventure racing
- Sewn through box baffle construction to minimise weight and keep down in position
- Doubles as a liner to significantly boost the warmth of a second bag
- Includes removable stuff sack attached to footbox for compact storage
- EN13537:2012 Comfort: 13°C / 55°F
- EN13537:2012 Comfort Limit: 9°C / 48°F
- EN13537:2012 Extreme: -4°C / 25°F
- Weight: 222g (excludes storage bags)
- Fill weight: 100g
- Fits up to: 5 ft 7 in / 170 cm
- Internal Width Shoulder: 146cm / 57 in
- Internal Width Waist: 136cm / 53 in
- Internal Width Feet: 88cm / 35 in
- Insulation: RDS 850+ Loft Premium Goose ULTRA-DRY Down
- Shell: Ultralight 10D Nylon Shell
- Zipper: Right-side #3 YKK zipper