Exceptionally light, the women's Featherlite Down Jacket is highly versatile for year-round mountain activities. Wear as a mid-layer when moving quickly in really cold conditions or as outer insulation on cool evening camps.
Highly versatile lightweight down jacket with just the right balance of warmth, weight and durability, the Featherlite Down Jacket now uses 100% recycled PERTEX QUANTUM® ECO nylon outer fabric and is ideal for a range of winter activities, from climbing to mountain walking.
The Featherlite Down Jacket has been a staple piece for Montane for many years now, only making small changes/updates when they felt it needed it. Because why try fix something that doesn't need fixing? I've had a featherlite down jacket for some time now and it's still going strong and remains my go to jacket as soon as the cold sets in. It's perfect for winter hiking and for everyday use like walking the dog.
The newest update to the Featherlite is the change to 100% recycled Pertex Quantum Eco outer fabric. This combined with the already used fluorocarbon-free HyperDry and use of RDS (Responsible Down Standard) duck down, means that Montane are continuing to move in the right direction, improving the impact that they and there goods have on the environment.
This new version actually works out a little lighter than before, which is great considering it was a pretty lightweight jacket to start with, and it packs down just as small as before. It still has a good feature set too so the lighter weight is most likely due to the updated micro baffle construction and Eco fabrics.
- Reviewed by Ultralight Outdoor Gear
- UPDATED Micro baffle construction
- UPDATED Fully adjustable roll-away insulated climbing helmet compatible hood with stiffened peak
- Full-length YKK front zip with internal storm flap
- Two zipped hand pockets
- Zipped external chest pocket
- Pre-elasticated cuffs
- Adjustable hem with cinchable drawcord
- Montane stuff sac
- Activities: Climbing / Mountaineering / Mountain Walking
- UK 08 weighs: 336g
- UK 10 weighs: 348g
- UK 12 weighs: 366g
- UK 14 weighs: 384g
- Back length: 64cm (UK12)
- UPDATED PERTEX® QUANTUM ECO 100% recycled nylon outer with DWR
- 120g (UK 12) of 90/10 water resistant fluorocarbon-free HyperDRY™ duck down at 750+ fill
- PEAQ Down lining
- Responsible Down Standard (RDS) and Track my Down™