A firm favourite with our staff and customers. Darn Tough socks are comfortable, durable and ready for anything. There are loads or variations for padding and materials to ensure that you can get the perfect sock for whatever you do in them.
Darn Tough says:
The cushion in the Element gets praised as a rebounding bed of comfort. But what you may not know is the cushion in the Athletic sock line is knit with a durability even we hadn’t seen. And halfway through whatever it is you’re dominating, it might blow your mind to think, above it all are mesh panels venting from on top of the foot. Because let’s face it, you’re on fire.
Darn Tough make super comfortable socks that have a comfortable seamless, fit and they have a reputation for great durability too. I love wearing mine and have found them to be the most comfortable socks for everything from walking to running and simple everyday wear. The Element No Show Tab Socks are no different.
All of the Darn Tough socks use a combination of Merino Wool, Nylon and Lycra Spandex. The amounts of each material vary according to what you’d use the sock for. This means that the socks are all good for all year round use, they are antimicrobial and odour resistant. However, with more merino you get more focus on breathability and comfort for a range of conditions whereas, with a higher amount of nylon the socks wick better and dry quicker.
There are also 9 levels of cushioning from ‘Ultra-Light’ race socks through to the super thick, padded ‘Extra Cushion’. Depending on what you need or want, it is definitely worth the time thinking about which sock will best suit the activities you will be wearing them for.
- Reviewed by Ultralight Outdoor Gear
- Performance Fit: No slipping, no bunching, and no blisters.
- Fine Gauge Knitting: Unprecedented durability and our unique “put it on, forget it’s on” feel.
- Fast Action Wicking: Pulls moisture away from skin. Fast drying.
- All Weather Performance: Cool in the summer, warm in the winter.
- Guaranteed For Life: No strings. No conditions. For life.
- Merino Wool is fast drying, breathable and odor resistant for all-day comfort.
- Weight based on medium pair: 37g
- Small (UK 2.5-5): 34g
- Medium (UK 5-7): 37g
- Large (UK 7.5-9): 42g
Material & Construction
- 50% Merino Wool 44% Nylon 6% Lycra® Spandex