A hardworking warm and protective down jacket for cold days at the crag, winter mountaineering and trekking. Updated with a new design plus recycled fabrics, lining and down.
The Women’s Axion Pro Jacket is the easy way to stay warm in the mountains. With its updated design, recycled fabrics and down, it is the go-to winter workhorse for no-nonsense insulation.
The Women’s Axion Pro Jacket is built from durable recycled Pertex® Quantum Pro ripstop nylon with midi-baffle stitch-through construction. While the fabric’s weatherproof coating helps increase the jacket’s external water resistance, internally the 700 fill power P.U.R.E recycled down is combined with Nikwax® hydrophobic treatment to retain its loft for maximum warmth. As part of our Mountain range, the Women’s Axion Pro Jacket also features a pair of warm, harness-friendly zipped hand pockets, as well as fully adjustable cuffs and hem to help shut out the cold. While the helmet-compatible hood uses Stratus synthetic sheet insulation for improved performance in the wet, the hood can also be removed for more casual use.
With its recycled materials, proven warmth and refined styling, the new Women’s Axion Pro Jacket is as practical for casual winter walks as it is for cold weather trekking, climbing and mountaineering.
Rab's Womens Axion Pro Down Jacket has been significantly updated with a a change in materials and insulation resulting in a warmer and lighter weight jacket. The jacket has zoned down and synthetic insulation making it more versatile in changeable conditions. It provides great value for money and is an ideal jacket for day to day use in cold conditions. The down fill easily compresses within the lightweight outer fabric and it works well on backpacking trips for throwing on at camp when temperatures drop
The updated Axion Pro has been updated with a fantastic array of recycled materials it to keep you warm. Along with an impressive DWR treatment this jacket has 275g of 700 fill power Hydrophobic European Goose down from recycled sources while the lightweight and surprisingly durable 20D Pertex Quantum Pro outer is also recycled. The green credentials of the new Axion is great to see but also performs just as well, if not better in our opinion, as past versions.
- Reviewed by Ultralight Outdoor Gear
- Pertex Quantum Pro ripstop nylon outer is windproof and water-resistant
- Midi-baffle stitch through construction
- Helmet compatible removable hood, filled with Stratus synthetic insulation
- High YKK® zipped hand pockets and large chest pocket
- Double ended full length front YKK Natulon zip
- Fully adjustable cuffs and hem to trap warmth
- Stuff sack included
- UK 08 weighs: 616g
- UK 10 weighs: 638g
- UK 12 weighs: 684g
- UK 14 weighs: 720g
- Main Fabric: Recycled 20D nylon Pertex Quantum Pro, 40g/m², with DWR
- Lining: Recycled 20D nylon, 38g/m²
- Insulation: Recycled 700 fill-power down Nikwax hydrophobic (water-resistant) finish (275g Size L)
- Composition: 100% recycled polyamide outer with polyurethane coating and 100% recycled polyamide lining