The Women's Alpine Pro is an extremely versatile and lightweight GORE-TEX mountain shell with just the right amount of features, perfect for climbers and mountain walkers alike.
The Montane Women's Alpine Pro offers unrivalled versatility in the mountains, from climbing to mountain walking and everything in between. Engineered to offer the perfect balance of weight, durability and breathability combined with Montane’s exceptional tailoring and premium GORE-TEX® Pro fabric.
Fully featured for any alpine pursuit, with articulated arms, helmet compatible hood, angled pit zips and AquaGuard® waterproof zips. The impressive feature set is matched with incredibly breathable GORE-TEX® Pro fabric to give extreme levels of moisture management, durability and comfort ensuring the Alpine Pro is the ultimate all-round mountain shell.
If your looking for a waterproof and breathable shell for mountaineering, alpine climbing or just general mountain walking then Montane's Alpine Pro Jacket has a feature set designed specifically for that.
All of the zips are highly water resistant and the main zip has a two-way adjustment so you can easily wear it under or over a climbing harness. The pit zips are extremely useful for allowing extra ventilation. They are a little tough, but i find with zips like these that they tend to soften over time. The adjustments on the jacket (hem and hood) are all easy to use thanks to the one-handed drawcord clips.
The hood is comfortable to wear with or without a climbing helmet and features a stiffened hood peak for extra stability. The two hand pockets are large enough for a map, which is a good thing as the chest pocket is on the smaller side. Still good enough for a quick grabbing snack bar! There's also a little stretch mesh pocket on the inside of the jacket, a good size for holding a GPS etc.
As it's a mountain shell it's not deigned to be the lightest jacket available (although it's still not bad for the weight). Instead it's been given tougher fabric to withstand abuse, incorporating Gore technology to make it extremely breathable as well as waterproof.
- Reviewed by Ultralight Outdoor Gear
- Constructed from lightweight 40 Denier GORE-TEX® Pro
- 12 – 13 stitch count per inch on all seams versus a typical industry average of 8, creating a tight, clean and strong seam
- 3mm seam allowance on all seams, reducing weight and bulk under the micro-tape and creating a smooth, strong seam
Patterning and Design
- Technical tailoring around the arms to prevent arm lift raising the lower hem whilst reaching high
- Articulated elbow panels which move ergonomically with the arms
- Slightly larger chest and upper arm dimensions allow for winter layering and micro-climate creation
- Dropped back hem for enhanced weather protection
- Fully adjustable climbing helmet compatible hood designed to fit comfortably with warm headwear and a helmet
- Adjustable face aperture with external cord exits for quick adjustment
- Side hood volume compression for a close fit around head or helmet
- Stiffened hood peak gives stability and wired edge allows adjustability
- Tall collar offers storm protection to the face
- Internal elastic loop and hook on rear hood compression drawcord allows hood to be rolled down and stowed away whilst not in use in windy conditions
- Two map sized A-line hand-warmer pockets with YKK matte AquaGuard® zips positioned clear of a backpack or climbing harness belt
- Left hand side chest pocket with YKK matte AquaGuard® zip
- Ergonomic zip pullers make use easier when wearing gloves or mitts
- Internal right hand side stretch mesh pocket, articulated to provide extra volume for goggles or water bottle when required
Centre Front Zip
- Full length YKK AquaGuard® VISLON® front zip that is highly water resistant and two way to allow easy access to climbing or rucksack harness and / or trousers
- Internal storm flap behind centre front zip together with press stud to secure hem and prevent further weather entry
- Roll over chinguard lined with brushed fine microfleece is comfortable next to the mouth and chin
Cuff and Sleeves Configuration
- Underarm and side chest pit zips with YKK matte AquaGuard® zips, angled to eliminate bulk and allow for good arm lift
- Gusseted cuffs are compatible with winter gloves, with shaped hook and loop adjustment for easy cinching for a close fit
- Rear external MONTANE® hang loop
Waist and Hem Construction
- Adjustable hem with cinchable drawcord and easy to use cordlocks and excess cord management system
- UK 08 weighs: 392g
- UK 10 weighs: 402g
- UK 12 weighs: 416g
- UK 14 weighs: 428g
- Fit: High Mountain
- Back length: 71.5cm (UK 12)
- Fabric: GORE-TEX® Pro Shell
Help & advice: