Built for mountain runners who don’t like to stop, the Windveil Pull-On is an efficient wind shell balancing wind resistance with breathability. Ideal for airy ridgelines and high mountain plateaus, its features and fit are for fast-paced ascents.
The Windveil Pull-On is built to offer windproof protection on mountain runs or fast hiking days. It combines wind resistant, breathable, and protective Pertex® Quantum Air with strategically placed panels of Motiv™ Aero mesh fabric. As you pick up the pace or face steep inclines, high heat areas enjoy enhanced breathability. Quick drying and fast wicking, it regulates your temperature without breaking your flow while offering protection from howling mountain wind.
Tailored for comfort over long distances, the Windveil fits seamlessly over or under a running pack. The deep front zip doubles as a vent with a hold-open popper to keep the air flowing without the jacket flapping. It also enables you to drop the jacket to your waist, without having to stop and pull it over your head. Extended cuffs offer extra protection to the back of the hands and a hem drawcord allows you to adjust the fit and keep the weather out.
The Windveil Pull-On has a handy, hidden side pocket for stashing essentials like a card, key or gels, and the jacket itself can be stuffed into the pocket, for storing in a pack until you need it.
A fantastic mountain runner’s pull-on, that I also think cyclists would get use from, has been built to protect from wind and to shed heat fast. The front of the jacket, sleeves, lower back, and shoulders are made from Pertex Quantum Nylon, a material highly effective a shielding you from the wind, whilst having a good level of breathability. The back and underarms, however, are made from an incredibly light stretchy mesh fabric that excels at ventilating heat, wicking moisture, and works brilliantly if you are using a running vest. These two, body-mapped fabrics work together to provide a jacket, that works hard at keeping you cool and comfortable when you are pushing yourself on the trail.
A tight-fitting jacket, that hugs the body and won’t get blustered about in the wind. A single hem adjustment cinches the jacket in the worst of the weather, and partially elasticated cuffs ensure a snug fit, but not claustrophobic fit. A small single pocket located on the rear of the pull-on, similar to a cyclist’s jacket, can store small items such as keys or energy gels, but also doubles as a stuff sack, which is so small it can be easily stuffed into a running vest. A half-length zip ventilates heat well, and a snap closure toggle allows for partial ventilation whilst still providing good weather protection, perhaps a little over kill on a smock, but still nice to see.
- Reviewed by Ultralight Outdoor Gear
- Body mapped fabric positioning to better regulate heat and sweat, especially when wearing a hydration vest
- Engineered air permeable fabric to optimally regulate temperature
- Deep centre front lightweight zip for enhanced venting
- Elasticated cuffs allow for easy access to sports watch or activity tracker
- Extended cuffs to optimise hand warmth during exposed runs
- Small back packaway pocket with internal attachment loop, doubles as a perfect gel or card pocket
- Hem drawcord for enhanced fit and weather protection
- Strategically shaped stretch panels enables a great fit both under and over a hydration vest
- Small weighs: 110g
- Medium weighs: 117g
- Large weighs: 124g
- XLarge weighs: 132g
Material & Construction
- 20D Pertex Quantum Air nylon (47gsm) DWR 1 cfm
- Motiv™ Aero single jersey fabric with subtle mesh structure (85gsm) with odour control treatment
- Main: 100% polyamide. Second: 100% polyester
- Centre back length (Size M): 77cm / 30.3inch
- Fit: Regular