The Wind Warrior Hat is an incredibly warm and windproof hat with small ear flaps to give your ears extra protection. Four-panel crown construction and a contoured ear band give an ergonomic fit and round out this comfy hat.
Outdoor Research says
HIGH ALTITUDE PROTECTION For high altitude mountaineering and touring in extreme environments, the Wind Warrior Hat offers superior protection. Made of GORE® WINDSTOPPER® Technical Fleece with a full fleece lining for additional warmth, the Wind Warrior protects against harsh winter winds. Integrated Polartec® WindPro® ear panels improve hearing, ensuring you’ll always know straight away when your climbing partner is yelling, “TAKE!”
Outdoor Research's Wind Warrior Hat is not the lightest windproof hat that we stock but it's definitely one of the warmest. It features warm ear panels which provide protection but allow great ability to hear through the protective fabric. The stretchy back panel ensures a secure, snug fit.
The construction is quite chunky so it wouldn't be very comfortable to wear under a helmet, but when your hiking in the mountains on cold windy days it would be ideal.
- Reviewed by Ultralight Outdoor Gear
- Fabric Performance: Windproof, Wicking, Hybrid Mapped Construction
- Design Features: Contoured Earband, Four-Panel Crown Construction, Embroidered OR Logo
- Functional Details: Back Stretch Panel Adjusts to Fit
- Small/Medium weighs: 64g
- Large/XLarge weighs: 78g
- Fabric: GORE® WINDSTOPPER® 3L 100% polyester microfleece crown and earband, Polartec® Wind Pro® 90% polyester, 10% spandex hard finish face with soft fleece backer earports, Radiant Fleece™ 95% polyester, 5% spand
Help and advice: