Formerly known as the Nigor Wickiup, Bach's WickiUp 3 and 4 offer a high space to weight ratio and unrivalled flexibility - ultralight shelter for 2-4 people. The Wickiup has been around for a few years under the Nigor name, it has now been rebranded Bach.
The WICKIUP 4 is a lightweight tipi tent that offers plenty of space and amazing stability even in strong winds. An inner tent with half the surface area (2 people) is also available as an option, which allows the tent to be divided into a cosy sleeping area and spacious vestibule.
The WickiUp 4 delivers superb 'livability' at a very low weight, the design allows you to virtually stand up inside. If you are concerned about wind resistance, don't be. Pyramid designs have proven themselves to be very stable, especially if you add storm guys to the loops provided. With all the pegging points used, the WickUp design sheds wind really well. Its certainly big enough for 4 to use, but it excels as a shelter for 3 people with additional space to keep gear.
There's no porch in this design, so you have to be quick getting in and out if its raining, and if you open the door when its wet you inevitably get some drops inside the tent. This is a small disadvantage though when the tent delivers so much more.
The inner tent is mostly fabric which is warmer and better suited to European conditions. There is mesh in the door for ventilation. You can convert a pair of trekking poles for the main support (saving the weight of the pole) using a pole extender or strapping them together. In this configuration you are only carrying a measly 2060g for a four person shelter. Bach has specified a 10,000mm hydrostatic head groundsheet. This is a lot higher than many other ultralight tents these days and will appeal to many.
Bach have also produced a bathtub floor footprint and a half size inner tent for the WickiUp which means that you can have an even bigger and even lighter shelter for campsites where you don't need protection from insects.
- Reviewed by Ultralight Outdoor Gear
- Suspended inner tent for fast pitching
- Inner tent made of 15D breathable ripstop nylon with no-see-um mesh to maximise airflow inside while keeping even the smallest insects out
- GorLyn flysheet made with high-tenacity 6.6 nylon
- Durable 40D floor with 10,000mm, TPU laminated
- Bathtub footprint with taped seams protects against splashing rain
- Interior storage pocket keeps essential items handy
- Huge vestibule with large entrance and great ventilation
- No-see-Um-Mesh: micro-mesh windows for optimal air circulation and insect protection
- The inner tent is made of breathable Nylon 15D Ripstop
- Compact packing size
- Optional footprint available
- 12 twisted Y-pegs (16cm)
- Flysheet weighs: 1006g
- Inner weighs: 1054g
- Poles weigh: 393g
- Total weight: 2453g (excludes pegs & bags)
- Capacity: 4 Person Tent (2 if used with optional 1/2 inner tent)
- Approx weight: 2600g
- Approx minimum weight: 2400g
- Packed size: 49 x 14 cm
- Pitching time: 7 mins
Material & Construction
- Poles: 8.7mm TRX Eco Duralumin Superlite, environmentally friendly anodisation
- Fly: GorLyn 20 Siliconised Ripstop 6.6 Nylon (2,000mm water coloumn)
- Inner: 15D Breathable Ripstop Nylon
- Mesh: 15D Nylon No-see-um Mesh
- Floor: 40D Ripstop Nylon 10,000mm water coloumn, TPU laminated
Help and advice