Tough, warm and breathable legwear using the Vapour-rise system, optimised for winter mountaineering and mixed weather conditions.
When the incline steepens and the temperature drops, our Torque VR Pant helps you focus on the job. With moisture-wicking Vapour-Rise™ lining and high-stretch Matrix™ shell, it’s the perfect winter mountaineering pant.
Our softshell Torque VR Pant is designed to cater for the mixed activities and weather conditions of winter mountaineering. The Vapour-Rise™ polyester lining comprises zoned VR Warm and VR Wicking fabrics to optimise moisture transfer in high-sweat regions. A double-weave Matrix™ polyamide outer with integrated elastane also provides outstanding flexibility for complete freedom to stretch. The outer provides plenty of breathability for strenuous ascents and a DWR coating for increased weather resistance. In addition to reinforced knee and ankle patches, there are expanding ankle gussets with YKK® zips for large boots, as well as zipped thigh vents for easy temperature regulation.
Tough, warm and breathable, the Torque VR Pant comes with attachment points for braces, four external zipped pockets and a harness-compatible, double-ended YKK fly zip.formation-page-i374">Click here for more info on Rab, product updates and New Season information.
Rab's VR Torque Pants combine the classic softshell design of the Torque range with the performance of the VR range. Utilising Matrix softshell fabric, these pants do a great job of blocking the wind when out and about and a DWR will also help keep a little rain off before having to don your shell trousers. Another advantage of Matrix is the mechanical stretch, allowing for better manoeuvrability and overall comfort.
The use of VR Warm and VR Wicking ensure these pants provide a good amount of warmth and insulation without sacrificing breathability. This combination gives the pants the technical ability to quickly and effectively wick moisture and help regulate temperature to an impressive level. No matter how hard you're going these pants will perform brilliantly to keep you comfortable.
There are still a number of practical features which include reinforcements on the knee, which then runs to the inside of your ankle to protect the fabric from boot scuffs. Four decent sized pocket provide plenty of storage options while belt loops help you get the best fit. There is also a zip closure at the cuff and two webbing loops for under boot attachment.
- Reviewed by Ultralight Outdoor Gear
- Wind resistant and highly breathable Matrix™ outer fabric
- Zoned lining optimises warmth and fast-wicking areas
- Reinforced knees and ankle patches
- Expanding YKK® zip ankle gusset to accommodate large boots
- Thigh vents for heat management with YKK® zips
- YKK Zipped hand pockets, thigh pocket and rear pocket
- Snap opening waistband and double ended YKK fly zip
- Belt loops and braces attachment points (braces not included)
- Small (30" waist) weighs: 444g
- Medium (32" waist) weighs: 458g
- Large (34" waist) weighs: 470g
- XLarge (36" waist) weighs: 500g
- Main Fabric: Matrix double weave, 133 g/m², with DWR
- Lining: VR warm, 83g/m², with VR wicking 102g/m²
- Composition: 90% polyamide/5% elastane outer with 100% polyester