Mountain Hardwear's Super DS Climb Down Jacket is a down jacket built around movement and durability thanks to the unique stretch baffle construction. The DS Climb down jacket is longer than many comparable jackets.
Mountain Hardwear says
Expanding on our dynamic and innovative StretchDown™ construction with stitch-free, woven baffles that improve range of motion and eliminating cold spots, the Super/DS™ Climb Jacket adds hybrid insulation zoning for improved high-output performance while approaching or climbing.
Mountain Hardwear's Super DS Climb Down Jacket is a down jacket with a difference, its designed around the ability to move. It's unique stretch baffle construction is flexible and moves with you.
Unlike the stitch through baffles found on many comparable jackets there will be less cold spots with the woven baffles. Another advantage of no stitches it will reduce down loss as the feathers can't escape. The outer fabric has a tough feel should prove durable.
The Super DS Climb jacket is longer than comparable jackets and the extra length at the bottom of the jacket is filled synthetic insulation which retains its warmth better than down than wet which is really useful if your sitting down when its wet for example.
There are two handwarmer pockets. The wrists are slightly elasticated and the waist can be cinched in. There is no adjustment in the hood but it is reasonably close fitting.
- Reviewed by Ultralight Outdoor Gear
- Exclusive stretch-woven fabric delivers incredible durable stretch.
- 700-fill, RDS®-certified down insulation
- Revolutionary interwoven, stitch-free baffle construction
- Lightweight 60g synthetic insulation in lower body and underarms
- Two harness-compatible zippered hand pockets
- Elastic cuffs
- Small weighs: 486g
- Medium weighs: 510g
- Large weighs: 544g
- XLarge weighs: 596g
- Fit: Active
- Centre back length: 76cm / 30in
- Body: Durable Stretch Woven (85% Nylon, 15% Elastane)
- Lining: 2-Way Stretch Single Layer I-Tube (85% Nylon, 15% Elastane)
- Insulation: 88g of Q.Shield down 700-fill RDS-certified/flourine free (90% goose down, 10% goose feathers) / Thermal.Q 60g/m2 (100% polyester, sleeves & side panel)