The Stormveil is the ideal layer for those looking for something to help keep them warm and dry during winter runs, but can also act as a good mid layer for hiking and climbing.
A wind breaker for mountain running with body mapped GORE-TEX INFINIUM™ WINDSTOPPER® and Matrix™ softshell. With close-fitting stand up collar and extended cuffs, this protective, breathable jacket excels on ascents in wild weather.
Rab's Stormveil is exactly what you want from a protective running layer, with a high level of wind resistance and breathability.
The Gore-Tex Infiium offers a membrane that protects you from the wind while out running through the hills and mountains, but also keeps moisture build up from inside the jacket due to it's high level of breathability.
The fit of the Stormveil is close as you would expect from a running mid/outer-layer, but the Matrix fabric has a good level of stretch so there is a lot of freedom of movement.
- Reviewed by Ultralight Outdoor Gear
- Body mapped softshell utilizing GORE-TEX INFINIUM™ WINDSTOPPER® Technology for optimal wind protection
- Lightweight Matrix™ single weave stretch nylon on underarm, centre back for optimal breathability
- Double layer soft stand up collar for wind protection
- YKK® VISLON® centre front zip with full length zip guard
- 1 YKK® concealed zipped mesh lined chest pocket with lightweight zip pull
- Part elasticated cuffs allow for easy access to sports watch or activity tracker
- Extended cuffs to optimise hand warmth during exposed runs
- Lightweight single sided rear hem adjustment with anti snag tether
- Small weighs: 264g
- Medium weighs: 285g
- Large weighs: 302g
- XLarge weighs: 320g
Material & Construction
- High Guage knitted 3-Layer softshell GORE-TEX INFINIUM™ WINDSTOPPER® Technology with PFCec Free DWR (173gsm) <6 RET
- Secondary Fabric: Matrix™ single weave stretch nylon (130gsm)with fluorocarbon-free DWR
- Main: 100% Polyester with ePTFE membrane and 100% polyester backer. Second: 85% Polyamide, 15% Elastane
- Fit: Slim
- Centre back length (Size M): 76cm / 29.9inch