The Star Fire UL series are high performance sleeping bags that provide serious warmth in a lightweight technical package. Simple, effective design features combined with quality materials result in a great bag for cold conditions.
Big Agnes says
Technical, ultralight down fill traditional mummy bags designed to excel in all conditions.
These technical, ultralight bags are designed for adventures where every ounce counts, each nook and cranny in your pack is accounted for, and you depend on the performance of your sleeping bag like you would a harness, helmet, or beacon. The "Fly Creek of sleeping bags," our Star Fire UL series features the ultimate 850 fill power DownTek™ water-repellent down, and are built with a superlight, high-tear strength shell that also protects the inside footbox. Body-mapped baffle construction optimizes thermal efficiency creating the lightest, highly compressible bag for your most remote of overnight adventures.
Big Agnes' Star Fire UL 0 Down Sleeping Bag is ideal for cold conditions. The generous fill of down gives the bag a warm feel and it lofts really well. The long, large baffle design is shaped to contour the body keeping the heat closer to you. Whether it is the amount of down and use of materials or the baffle design, this is certainly a warm bag. The single draught collar across the top of the bag has good coverage and does stop cold getting in the heat escaping. Although this is in the UL (ultralight) series it has a fairly generous amount of space compared to many other mummy bag designs.
There are a number of additional features that set Big Agnes designs apart and this bag is no different. From the internal loops for attaching a liner through to the well designed zipper garage. The half length zip makes access easy and the zipper is anti-snag. The zip is insulated with two draft tubes to eliminate cold spots too. Small design ideas like this make the bag more practical and enjoyable to use.
- Reviewed by Ultralight Outdoor Gear
- Ultralight down mummy bags that feature 850 fill power DownTek™ down and a Pertex® shell to create our most compressible, technical bags
- Traditional mummy shape allows for lightweight and increased thermal value
- Body mapped baffle construction optimizes thermal efficiency
- 3-D anti-snag draft tube prevents heat loss along the zipper
- Vertically structured sidewalls integrating contoured baffles trap heat closer to the body
- Contoured hood baffles cradle the head for a more comfortable fit
- Oversized interior anti-draft collar
- Ergonomic foot-box construction provides more loft and warmth
- Low-profile cordlock lets you un-cinch the hood with one hand
- Insulated tube along upper hood opening seals out drafts when cinched
- Minimal zipper minimizes weight and reduces cold spots
- 40"/102cm YKK #5 anti-snag zipper for a smooth, quick zip
- Zipper Garage
- Interior fabric loops for sleeping bag liners
- Storage sack & stuff sack included
|Weight||1314g (excludes storage bags)|
|Fill weight||567g / 28oz|
|Stuff sack size||20 x 45cm|
|Compressed bag size||17 x 19cm|
|Fits up to
||-18°C / 0°F|
|Pad Size Needed
||Works with any pad size or style|
Materials & Construction
- Shell and lining are Pertex® Quantum nylon rip-stop
- 100% recycled Pertex® Quantum uses a tightly woven structure made from incredibly fine yarns, making a light and soft fabric that allows insulation to fully loft and maximize thermal efficiency
- 850 fill DownTek™ repels water while maintaining insulating value - bluesign® Certified PFOA and PFOS free water repellent chemistry
- Insotect Flow™ vertical baffles contour to your body to provide a more comfortable fit and keep you warmer
Help and advice: