Mountain Equipment's Skyline Hooded Down Jacket is a fantastic insulation piece with just the right amount of features for trekkers.
Mountain Equipment says
Our most protective lightweight duvet; the Skyline is the ideal choice for minimalist, remote trips in freezing conditions.
With a proven DRILITE® Loft shell the Skyline offers the protection required for longer trips and unpredictable conditions. Lightweight construction and high quality down balance critical warmth against a minimal pack size, ensuring this is a jacket that will always make the cut on finely balanced adventures.
Mountain Equipment's Skyline Hooded Down Jacket is a minimalist mid weight down jacket ideal for keeping the chill at bay. Wit Mountain Equipment you can be sure their down is ethically sourced thanks to their down codex enabling you to see where the down comes from and perhaps more importantly the actual fill power which always higher than the stated 700 fp.
The jacket has 2 good sized hand warmer pockets with large zip toggles for ease of use with gloves. As does the snag free 2 way centre zip. The internal storm flap helps keep the warmth in and the weather out. The large internal chest pocket doubles as a stuff sac with its own carry loop.
The Drilite outer is completely windproof and is considerably water resistant.
The hood probably wouldn't fit over a helmet. It is quite close fitting thanks to the elastane and can be cinched in further if required. There is a velcro strap strap to enable you to tidy the hood away when not in use. The velcro on the outer is in the shape of the M in the Mountain Equipment logo which is a nice touch though with no practical benefit.
- Reviewed by Ultralight Outdoor Gear
- DRILITE® Loft 20D outer fabric; totally windproof and highly water resistant
- 180g (Size L) of Pure Down with a minimum content of 90/10 700 fill power
- Stitched-through baffle construction throughout
- Adjustable Elastane bound Mountain HC Hood
- 2-way YKK® moulded centre front zip
- 2 zipped hand warmer pockets
- Elastane bound cuffs and adjustable dual tether hem drawcords
- Packs into inner mesh pocket with twin karabiner carry loops
- Small weighs: 420g
- Medium weighs: 460g
- Large weighs: 474g
- XLarge weighs: 502g
- Outer: DRILITE Loft 20D
- Insulation: 180g (size L) of Pure Down with a minimum content of 90/10 700 fill power
- Content: 100% polyester outer/inner, Down fill
Help & advise: