With a hydrophobic down that pushes the boundaries for performance, the Roc down vestt balances light weight, warmth and durability, making it an ideal layering piece for year-round use.
This superb, lightweight vest is filled with high-quality DWR-treated down, and waterproofed so well that the filling stays dry for up to 5,000 minutes of exposure to wet conditions. As a result, it’s a really warm, comfortable, light and packable garment – and one that shouldn’t give you too much cause for concern when the rainclouds roll in. It’s also built with recycled and fluorocarbon free materials throughout, and is bluesign® approved.
Haglofs' Roc Down Vest is a great layer for lightweight warmth. With 53g of 800FP down and a 20D Pertex shell fabric this vest does a great job of balancing weight, warmth and durability. The weight is kept down with elasticated cuffs and hem, while two decent hand warmer pockets and a good sized chest pocket provide plenty of storage. This is an ideal layering piece for winter conditions.
The real headline with the Roc down series is the use of H2O Down Gold which Haglofs state will stay dry for up to 5,000 minutes (83 hours!) in wet conditions. It has handled damp conditions well but has not been really poor conditions for an extended period but if it can cope half as well as that stated it will still be a game changer for down items. I use this item as a stand-alone outer layer on cooler dry days and as part of a layering system on damp days under a waterproof.
- Reviewed by Ultralight Outdoor Gear
- Fluorocarbon free DWR-treated down for great water resistance, 800 CUIN Fillpower
- Lightweight tear- and wind-resistant 20D Pertex® shell fabric
- Two handwarmer pockets
- Elasticated armholes and bottom hem, giving comfortable fit and heat retention
- Wind baffle with integrated chin guard behind front zipper
- Small weighs: 160g
- Medium weighs: 170g
- Large weighs: 184g
- Centre back length: 75 cm (Men’s size L)
Materials & Construction
- Pertex® Quantum, 100% Recycled Polyamide, 20D down and fibre proof, super light yet durable mini ripstop fabric, 36 g/m², bluesign® approved
- Insulation: H2O Down GOLD 800 CUIN fillpower superior quality 90% down/10% feather, treated with fluorocarbon free DWR to keep long lasting performance even in humid conditions and to speed up drying time. Traceable and bluesign® approved. Down weight: 53 g (size L) Contains non-textile parts of animal origin
Help and advice: