Building on the success of the original Rime IN is this Light version. It still provides a good amount of insulation but it excels where freedom of movement and breathability are more important. A versatile, lightweight jacket that works well as an outer or mid-layer in harsher conditions.
Once you put it on, you won’t want to take this jacket off. The Rime Light IN Flex Hooded Jacket is characterized by its highly comfortable wearability. Mammut Thermostretch Construction™ provides you with warmth without overheating you as well as plenty of freedom of movement, while the sophisticated hybrid design provides wind protection and breathability in the right places. Depending on the season and purpose, this versatile jacket can be worn as a middle or outer layer, making it suitable for a number of activities.
Mammut's Rime Light IN Flex Hooded Jacket takes the warmth and versatility of the original Rime to the next level. It retains the smart design and practical warmth that works as well around town as it does in the mountains. However, this version uses zoned fabrics to reduce weight and bulk while increasing breathability dramatically without sacrificing warmth. The Insulation Type fill works well in any conditions and will keep you warm even if it gets wet, unlike a down jacket.
This jacket has high hand warmer pockets so you can wear a harness or backpack and still access them with one doubling up as a stuff pocket when it's not in use. An adjustable hood with a good peak certainly keep the worst of the weather out. For such a low weight this jacket is extremely versatile, warm and stylish.
- Reviewed by Ultralight Outdoor Gear
- Lightweight, elastic, water-repellent Pertex® Quantum Air material for increased breathability and freedom of movement
- Filled with 40 g/m² OTI Stretch insulation for optimum heat retention and enhanced freedom of movement
- Elastic lining material increases freedom of movement
- Elasticated inserts made from Pontetorto® Stretch fleece on the sides and under the arms provide enhanced breathability
- MAMMUT Single Pull Hood™: storm-proof, helmet-compatible hood with reinforced peak, can be adjusted both vertically and horizontally with a single pull
- Smooth-running YKK Vislon® front zipper
- 2 backpack and climbing-harness-compatible zipper pockets
- Jacket can be stowed away in left front pocket
- Elastic cuffs
- Elastic hem
- MAMMUT Easy Combine compatible
- Small weighs: 322g
- Medium weighs: 336g
- Large weighs: 356g
- Main: 100% Polyamide
- Insert: 94% Polyester | 6% Spandex
- Lining: 100% Polyamide
- Filling: 100% Polyester
- Technology: Ajungilak® OTI Stretch | Pertex® Quantum® Air | Pontetorto® Tecnostretch | Mammut Easy Combine | PFC Free DWR
Help and advice: