When weight and pack size are critical factors for a waterproof jacket the Podium is a great choice for runners. Weighing in just over 110g this fully waterproof jacket with a hood meets the mandatory kit list criteria for races.
Designed for fast and light runners for whom kit weight and packability is paramount, the Podium Pull-On uses one of the lightest weight waterproof and breathable fabrics available. Perfect as a reliable emergency waterproof shell which will pack tiny into your training and race packs year-round.
Montane's Podium Unisex Waterproof Pull-On is focussed on minimum weight and low bulk for racers. A YKK AquaGuard half zip with storm flap adds to the waterproof protection while the level of breathability is much better than expected on such a minimalist jacket. When packed down it's barely noticeable in your pack for racing. It is not designed for heavier packs so even fastpacking trips will push the durability of this jacket.
The shaped fit is great for running while the hood is basic but does exactly what it needs to. This is perfect for weight conscious racers where it is most likely going to spend more time stashed away than being worn. The thin material still maintains surprisingly high levels of waterproofing and breathability while also being transparent enough that race numbers can be seen underneath it.
- Reviewed by Ultralight Outdoor Gear
- Waterproof and breathable Aqua Pro Lite fabric
- Micro-taped seams
- Pre-elasticated trail hood with stiffened peak
- ½ length YKK AquaGuard® reflective front zip with internal storm flap
- Shaped cuffs with partial elastication
- Elasticated hem
- 360° VIA Trail Series® reflective details
- Supplied with a stuff sac
- Small weighs: 104g
- Medium weighs: 112g
- Large weighs: 118g
- XLarge weighs: 124g
- Back length: 73cm (M)
- 20 Denier waterproof and breathable Aqua Pro Lite
- 100% Polyester knit
- Hydrostatic head: 15,000mm
- Air permeability: 15,000 m2/24hrs