The Peak Mission use a glove/mitt combo that allows you to add extra protection, but maintain the dexterity that a glove offers. Can be worn as a stand alone glove, or pull-out the weather-resistant mitt when conditions worsen.
For trail running, alpine pursuits and other high-output activities in unpredictable weather, a highly breathable knit glove that quickly converts to a stowable, wind- and water-resistant mitt.
Patagonia's Peak Mission Gloves are a great glove/mitt combo. They are impressively lightweight (only 54g size M) which makes them ideal for fastpacking, trail running and a range of other activities where lighter is better. When worn as just a glove, the knit design fabric allows for unrestricted movement and high levels of breathability. Touchscreen compatibility, nose wipe patch, reflective details and elasticated cuffs are good, practical features.
The mitt cannot be worn by itself but can be pulled out from the cuffs when extra protection is needed and stuffed back in when not being used. This does leave a little bulge on top of the cuff when it's stuffed which is noticeable but doesn't get in the way. The mitt is gives you a highly weather resistant outer so you can keep your hands out of the cold winds or shelter them from the worst of the rain. They are obviously not waterproof as the design doesn't cover the palm but they are worth every gram and every penny when the weather turns.
- Reviewed by Ultralight Outdoor Gear
(Unfortunately, we are unable to ship Patagonia products outside of the European Area (defined as the European Economic Area plus Switzerland and the UK))
- Made from a soft, warm blend of recycled nylon and polyester with HeiQ® Fresh durable odor control
- Ultralight nylon knit glove is highly breathable
- Converts to ultralight, stowable nylon ripstop mitt for warmth and wind protection
- Reflective trims glow when illuminated for visibility in low light
- Nose wipe on thumb of glove
- Touch screen–compatible panels on thumbs and index fingers
- Elongated cuffs with elastic pull loops for added coverage and easy on/off
- Small pair weighs: 50g
- Medium pair weighs: 54g
- Large pair weighs: 54g
- XLarge pair weighs: 56g
- Glove: 6.8-oz 68% recycled nylon/17% spandex/15% polyester jersey with four-way stretch and a brushed-terry back, miDori™ bioSoft for added wicking and softness, and HeiQ® Fresh durable odor control.
- Mitt: 0.8-oz 10-denier 100% nylon ripstop with a PU coating
Help and advice: