Mountain Equipment's Odin Down Jacket is a classic light-weight down piece with an innovative woven baffle construction which vastly reduces down loss and improves durability.
Mountain Equipment says
An innovative and lightweight down jacket with woven baffle construction for precise down control and greater wearer comfort.
The Odin Jacket's woven baffle construction eliminates the need for the traditional sewn baffle. With each baffle being precisely created and integrated during the fabric weaving process, the Odin offers improved durability and unsurpassed comfort whilst at the same time ensuring virtually no down migration.
Mountain Equipment's Odin Down Jacket is a functional and durable light-weight down jacket. The key feature of this jacket is the woven baffles rather than the traditional stitch through baffle. By eliminating stitching, down loss is virtually eliminated as well as being more windproof.
Warmth is provided by 118g of 700+ fill power and thanks to Mountain Equipment's down codex you find out the exact source and fill power of the down used in your product which is frequently much great than the stated 700. The distribution of the down is has been chosen to maximise warmth. The jacket has a spacious chest pocket and 2 handwarmer pockets, the left of which the jacket can be stuffed into with an integrated loop for attaching to your harness or rucksack.
The wrists are elasticated to ensure a close fit and the waist can be cinched in. Mountain Equipment is a member of the Fair Wear Foundation an organisation committed to improving labour conditions in the garment industry.
- Reviewed by Ultralight Outdoor Gear
- Helium 20D integrated baffle fabric
- 118g (Size L) of water resistant Pure Down with a minimum content of 90/10 700 fill power
- Woven narrow baffle construction throughout
- Optimised down distribution and fill weights using a baffle-by-baffle approach
- YKK moulded centre-front zip with insulated rear baffle
- 2 zipped hand warmer pockets
- Zipped napoleon chest pocket
- Elastane bound cuffs and dual tether hem drawcords
- Packs into hand pocket with twin karabiner carry loops
- Small weighs: 302g
- Medium weighs: 320g
- Large weighs: 338g
- XLarge weighs: 354g
- Outer: Helium 20D integrated baffle fabric
- Insulation: 118g (Size L) of water resistant Pure Down with a minimum content of 90/10 700 fill power
- Content: 100% polyamide outer/inner, Down fill
Help & advise: