The NeoAir Topo air sleeping pad provides luxury comfort in a lightweight and compact package for backpacking.
When you’re looking for supreme comfort that doesn’t fill up your pack, the NeoAir Topo brings three-inches (7.6 cm) of support in a pack friendly size. The rectangular-shaped pad is built with our legendary WaveCore™ construction, creating a stable and warm pad that always has your back. The 2.3 R-value pad is great for three-season camping or backpacking when you’re enjoying the beauty of the outdoors. Available in several sizes, including a roomy regular wide, the Topo features the high-performance WingLock valve, allowing the mattress to inflate three times faster thanks to a larger opening and one-way inflation. Like all Therm-a-Rest pads, the NeoAir Topo is made in market to ensure quality and minimize environmental impact. The pad includes a breath-saving pump sack, compact stuff sack and field repair kit.
Therm-a-Rest's NeoAir Topo Regular Wide Sleeping Mat gives you a good amount of comfort with up to 7.6cm of loft in the mat for a good nights sleep. The insulation is decent and provides enough warmth for three season use with the WaveCore construction providing twice the insulation of an uninsulated mat. It comes with the new WingLock valve with easier one-way inflation and secure two step deflation.
The NeoAir Topo has a low weight and a decent pack size so it is good for a range of users, from backpackers to car campers. Obviously, there are lighter and smaller mats but the Topo Wide has a really good sized sleeping area, a good depth that is really comfortable and is easy to use. As usual, a pump sack, stuff sack and repair kit are included so you are ready to get straight out there and enjoy.
- Reviewed by Ultralight Outdoor Gear
- Thick and Supportive: Three inches (7.6 cm) of supportive and warm loft makes the Topo one of our thickest mattresses.
- Insulated Performance: WaveCore™ construction provides twice the warmth of uninsulated air sleeping pads.
- Compact: Shrinks down to easily fit into your pack.
- WingLock™ Valve: Our intuitive and dependable valve maximizes air flow for easier inflation and quicker deflation.
- Multiple Sizes: Offering a range of sizes, including a spacious regular wide, allows you to pick a length that best suits your adventure needs.
- Pump sack, stuff sack and repair kit included
- Weight: 734g (excludes storage bag)
- Dimensions: 64 x 183cm / 25 x 72in
- Thickness: 7.6cm / 3in
- Packed size: 28 x 15cm / 11 x 6in
- ASTM R-Value: 2.3
- Fabric: 50D Polyester
From 2020, there is a new industry standard for measuring the R-value (level of insulation) of sleeping mats – ASTM F3340-18. This new standard is the sleeping mat equivalent to the EN rating for sleeping bags.
You can now directly compare the R-value of mats rated using the ASTM F3340-18 with confidence that is a fair and accurate comparison between mats. In simple terms, the higher the R-value, the warmer the mat.
In general terms, an R-value below 2.0 is for summer use, 2.0 to 4.0 is for cooler 3 season use and 4.0+ is for winter temperatures. This will be also be dependent on your sleeping bag, how cold you sleep etc. Please contact our customer service team if you need advice on choosing the right mat for your activity.
Help and advice: