The NeoAir Topo Luxe air sleeping pad provides top-rated luxury comfort in a lightweight and compact package for backpacking with one of the thickest camping mattresses available.
For those familiar with our legendary NeoAir mattresses, the NeoAir Topo Luxe brings the line of sleeping pads to new heights. A whopping 4 inches (10 cm) thick, the Topo Luxe is our thickest backpacking NeoAir ever. The Topo Luxe packs down small before inflating for plush support and warmth thanks to our Triangular Core Matrix, the best warmth-to-weight construction for air pads. Available in several sizes, including a roomy regular wide, the Topo Luxe features the high-performance TwinLock valve with two dedicated valves for lightning-fast inflation or deflation. Like all Therm-a-Rest pads, the NeoAir Topo Luxe is made in market to ensure quality and minimize environmental impact. The pad includes a breath-saving pump sack, compact stuff sack and field repair kit.
Therm-a-Rest's NeoAir Topo Luxe Regular Wide Sleeping Mat gives you a serious amount of comfort with up to 10cm of loft in the mat for the thickest NeoAir ever. The insulation is really effective and easily provides enough warmth for three season use with the special surface layered through the mat to reduce heat loss along with minimising bulk compared to mats using insulating fill materials. It comes with the new TwinLock valve with two one-way valves offering fast and simple inflation and secure deflation.
For this amount of comfort and warmth the Topo Luxe still has a reasonably low weight and a decent pack size. Obviously, there are lighter and smaller mats but they certainly won't have the same luxurious levels of comfort as this. As usual, a pump sack, stuff sack and repair kit are included so you are ready to get straight out there and enjoy.
- Reviewed by Ultralight Outdoor Gear
- Next-Level Comfort: Four inches (10 cm) of stable loft make the Topo Luxe the thickest NeoAir ever.
- Stable Warmth: Patented Triangular Core Matrix™ utilizes two stacked layers of triangular baffles to create a stable surface while minimizing heat loss.
- Compact: Insulated without the use of bulky fill materials to pack small.
- TwinLock™ Valve: Utilizing two one-way valves, one for inflation and one for deflation, the TwinLock valve system makes setting up and breaking camp a breeze.
- Multiple Sizes: Offering a range of sizes, including a spacious regular wide, allows you to pick a size that best suits your adventure needs.
- Pump sack, stuff sack and repair kit included
- Weight: 756g (excludes storage bag)
- Dimensions: 64 x 183cm / 25 x 72in
- Thickness: 10cm / 4in
- Packed size: 28 x 15cm / 11 x 6in
- ASTM R-Value: 3.7
- Fabric: 50 Polyester
From 2020, there is a new industry standard for measuring the R-value (level of insulation) of sleeping mats – ASTM F3340-18. This new standard is the sleeping mat equivalent to the EN rating for sleeping bags.
You can now directly compare the R-value of mats rated using the ASTM F3340-18 with confidence that is a fair and accurate comparison between mats. In simple terms, the higher the R-value, the warmer the mat.
In general terms, an R-value below 2.0 is for summer use, 2.0 to 4.0 is for cooler 3 season use and 4.0+ is for winter temperatures. This will be also be dependent on your sleeping bag, how cold you sleep etc. Please contact our customer service team if you need advice on choosing the right mat for your activity.
Help and advice: