UOG TOP PICK- Mythic 400 Down Sleeping Bag Rab's Mythic range feature 900 Fill Power down intelligently baffled for superb warmth to weight ratio, and a water resistant outer shell gives them the flexibility to be used for bivying, tarp camping etc as well as your normal applications definitely one of our top picks
Ultra-lightweight with a highly tapered cut, the Mythic 400 is designed for alpine style missions where weight and pack size are crucial to success. Filled with 900FP goose down and covered with a lightweight Atmos™ ripstop fabric, it's a high-performance bag for those meticulously counting grams.
The Mythic range is all about slashing weight wherever possible. The Mythic 400 is an extremely lightweight, three season bag. At home in high mountains, it’s ideal for venturing out long Alpine routes, multi-day climbs, treks or bike packing adventures.
Weighing in at just 660g, it contains 400g of 900FP, goose down. The chevron style baffle design keeps the down in position, optimising core warmth and reducing the amount of fabric needed compared to traditional horizontal baffles. The outer is made from our own wind and water-resistant, Atmos™ fabric. At just 7D with a built-in ripstop, it’s both ultra-light and super tough. It has a narrow mummy shape to minimise bulk, lightweight zips and pullers, and comes with a lightweight, waterproof, roll top compression sack for protection from the elements and a small pack size while on the move.
The trapezoid boxwall baffle construction allows the down to fully loft, eliminates cold spots, and maximises warmth. It has an additional, adjustable baffle around the neck and an internal baffle along the length of the zip, both designed stop the heat from escaping. Hand-filled in the UK, all our down bags benefit from never having had their down compressed before use, maintaining the down’s loft and warmth.
Rab's Mythic 400 Down Sleeping Bag is one of Rab's most technical sleeping bags and that's why it delivers such an impressive warmth to weight ratio. The Mythic bags use the ultimate 900 Fill Power down enclosed in a technical trapezoidal boxwall chamber construction to eliminate cold spots.
It's a tapered mummy shape so if you don't like being restricted when sleeping this might not be for you, what this does though, apart from reducing weight, is ensure a snug fit which reduces heat loss from down movement inside the bag.
With a highly wate resistant outer shell the Mythic bags are ideal for bivying, tarp camping, single skin tents and other envirpnments where moisture might be present - and of course they are perfectly suitable for tents, huts and other places you are likely to sleep.
- Reviewed by Ultralight Outdoor Gear
- Weight saving chevron baffle design, reduces down migration and optimises core warmth.
- Trapezoidal boxwall construction with differential cut, to maximise loft and warmth
- Close fitting adjustable neck baffle design for decreased heat loss
- YKK 3/4 length main zip with synthetic filled baffle to trap warmth
- YKK zipped internal stash pocket
- Angled foot box for relaxed sleeping posture
- Anti-snag bonded zip guard
- Hand-filled in Derbyshire UK
- Zipped cotton sack with water-resistant base for home storage
- Lightweight waterproof roll-top compression sack included
- 100% polyamide
- Tapered Mummy Shape
Temperature Rating (EN(13537:2012)
- Comfort: -1°C / 30°F
- Comfort Limit: -6°C / 21°F
- Extreme: -24°C / -11°F
- Rab Sleep Limit: -6°C / 20°F
- Weight: 696g (excludes storage bags)
- Fill weight: 400g
- Packed size: 35 x 23cm
- Overall length: 215cm
- Height of user: 185cm
- Internal shoulder girth: 160cm
- Internal hip girth: 134cm
- Internal foot girth: 102cm
Material & Construction
- Shell: 7D Atmos™ nylon ripstop (23gsm) DWR
- Lining: 7D Atmos™ nylon ripstop (23gsm) DWR
- Fill: 900FP R.D.S Certified European Goose Down with Nikwax fluorocarbon-free Hydrophobic Finish