The Montane Minimus Stretch Ultra Jacket is a supremely light and breathable trail running shell with a minimal pack size and excellent wet weather beating performance.
Using a super breathable 20 Denier PERTEX® SHIELD 2.5 layer waterproof fabric combined with a minimalist feature set, the Minimus Stretch Ultra Jacket is lightweight and packable with added stretch to allow for an active, close fit. Perfect for running and endurance mountain activities.
Montane's Minimus Stretch Ultra Jacket is pretty much the new and improved Minimus Stretch Jacket. It's constructed using the same 2.5 Layer Pertex Shield fabric with stretch but has a more minimalist feature set, making it even lighter than before.
Although the features have been simplified, it still boasts technical tailoring around the arms that give you full, high reach without lifting the hem and exposing yourself to the elements, with articulated elbows that are shaped to move with your arms. Plus lots of other useful features.
The jacket now offers more ventilation options as you can open the main zip yet keep it loosely closed by using the popper on chest. Quite a handy new feature. You can also stuff the jacket into its own pocket to save space in your pack.
A superbly light jacket with good waterproofing and breathability characteristics, ideal for any activity where low weight and pack size is critical.
- Reviewed by Ultralight Outdoor Gear
- Constructed from lightweight, waterproof 20 Denier PERTEX® SHIELD 2.5 layer fabric with stretch for added comfort and ease of movement during fast-paced mountain activities
- Durable Water Repellency (DWR) for effective water shedding
- 12 – 13 stitch count per inch on all seams versus a typical industry average of 8, creating a tight, clean and strong seam
- 3mm seam allowance throughout
PATTERNING AND DESIGN
- Technical tailoring around the arms to prevent arm lift raising the lower hem whilst reaching high
- Articulated elbow darts for a comfortable and ergonomic fit
- 2 point adjustable low profile hood designed to fit comfortably with headwear
- Adjustable face aperture with internal cord exits
- Pre-elasticated rear compression for a close and comfortable fit around the head
- Stiffened hood peak gives stability and wired edge allows adjustability
- Two mesh lined hand-warmer pockets with covered YKK matte AquaGuard® zips positioned clear of a backpack
- MP3 player or phone cord exit point inside left hand pocket
- Ergonomic lightweight zip pullers for ease of use when wearing gloves or mitts
CENTRE FRONT ZIP
- Full length YKK lightweight matte AquaGuard® front zip that is highly water resistant
- Internal storm guard behind centre front zip with lower press stud to secure hem and prevent further weather entry
- Press stud zipper closure system allows venting through an open front zip whilst ensuring the jacket is secured to the body
- Ergonomic centre front zip pullers make use easier when wearing gloves or mitts
- Roll over chinguard lined with brushed fine microfleece for comfort next to the mouth and chin
CUFF AND SLEEVES CONFIGURATION
- Shaped easy to use cuffs with partial elastication for a close fit around wrists or gloves
WAIST AND HEM CONSTRUCTION
- Adjustable hem with cinchable drawcord and easy to use cordlocks
- Stuffs into own hand pocket to make a tiny pack size for stowing in a running pack
- Reflective VIA Trail Series® logo details
- Rear external Montane hang loop
- Small weighs: 186g
- Medium weighs: 194g
- Large weighs: 202g
- XLarge weighs: 206g
- Back length: 74.5cm (M)
- Fabric: Pertex Shield 2.5 layer fabric with stretch