The best warmth for weight vest Patagonis's built so far, the Micro Puff® Vest delivers ultra lightweight, water-resistant, down-like warmth with PlumaFill synthetic insulation–a revolutionary featherlight down alternative.
Core warmth with feather weight and synthetic performance: Introducing our new Micro Puff® Vest. It delivers the best of down and synthetics with a revolutionary insulation that has an unprecedented warmth-to-weight ratio. The groundbreaking PlumaFill insulation (65-g 100% polyester) is phenomenally light and compressible, offering the feel and warmth of down that still traps your heat when it’s wet. A nylon ripstop Pertex Quantum® shell, with a DWR (durable water repellent) finish, blocks wind and snow. The garment’s minimalist design maximizes performance and minimizes useless fluff. Features: zippered handwarmer pockets (the left pocket doubles as a stuffsack with a reinforced carabiner clip-in loop), a pair of sleek internal drop-in pockets (made without excess, using the backside of the handwarmer pocket bags) and elasticized hem.
Patagonia's Micro Puff Vest high performance, lightweight vest. Patagonia boast that their unique PlumaFill insulation has a warmer warmth to weight ratio than down. It's hard to argue with this at this weight but the Micro Puff definitely heats up quickly and effectively.
The PlumaFill insulation is Patagonia's masterpiece in synthetic insulation. Everyone is trying to replicate the warmth and weight of down while reducing the negatives associated with its performance, particularly when wet. The insulation is unique in that it is the most compressible insulated jacket Patagonia produce, along with a unique construction that prevents shifting, clumping and cold spots. The loft retention and water resistance last for life of the jacket and with Patagonia's excellent background of durability and repairing kit you can be assured this jacket will last.
The stitch design that keeps the PlumaFill in place is also an nice aesthetic feature. In addition to the super-light insulation, the outer fabric is high quality Pertex Quantum which gives it a lightweight but durable finish. The overall weight of the jacket is further reduced through the use of elasticated hem and arms. The vest still has a nice high collar for keeping you warm along with two good sized zip hand pockets which double up as internal drop pockets giving additional space.
- Reviewed by Ultralight Outdoor Gear
(Unfortunately, we are unable to ship Patagonia products outside of the European Area (defined as the European Economic Area plus Switzerland and the UK))
- Ultralight nylon ripstop Pertex Quantum shell is water-resistant, windproof and treated with a DWR (durable water repellent) finish
- Revolutionary PlumaFill insulation replicates the structure of down in a continuous synthetic insulation material, offering the warmth and packability of down but with the warm-when-wet performance of synthetic insulation
- Innovative quilting construction complements the insulation by stabilizing and maximizing the loft of the PlumaFill strands with minimal stitching
- Center-front zipper has wicking interior storm flap and zipper garage at chin for next-to-skin comfort
- Two welted zippered handwarmer pockets; left pocket doubles as a stuffsack with a reinforced carabiner clip-in loop
- Under-the-helmet hood construction is light and simple
- Elasticized cuffs and hem seal in warmth
- Shell and lining: 0.7-oz 10-denier 100% nylon ripstop Pertex Quantum® with a DWR (durable waterproof repellent) finish.
- Insulation: 65-g PlumaFill 100% polyester
- Small weighs: 154g
- Medium weighs: 162g
- Large weighs: 164g
- XLarge weighs: 178g
Help and advice: