A large capacity pack specifically designed for cyclists. From the high visibility details to accessible pockets, loads of storage options for organising kit and structured frame to increase air flow this is a well thought out pack that is great for commuting, bikepacking or cycle touring.
Terra Nova says
The Laser Velo 30 is a 30 litre lightweight rucksack designed specifically for cyclists and bike packers but is equally good for multi-day adventure races.
Terra Nova's Laser Velo 30 Pack is a large capacity backpack for a range of cycling activities. The main compartment holds a good amount of kit with two drop pockets there for a hydration system or simply organising your kit. Another large zip pocket at the front has more internal drop pockets which are suited to tools and spares. There are four stretch mesh pockets around the rear and sides along with a large drop pocket with buckle closure. Zip pockets on the hip belt make accessing snacks, phone or whatever else you need at hand easy.
The material used on the bottom of the pack is much heavier weight and this is great for durability, especially if you're putting the bag down on the floor regularly. Although the internal frame is designed to be stiff in order to let the air flow through the gap it creates this, combined with the shoulder straps I found it a bit too stiff and uncomfortable for my liking.
- Reviewed by Ultralight Outdoor Gear
- The pack has two top-opening main compartments plus a huge easy access (and wipe clean) pocket.
- For those with hydration systems, the rucksack has a pocket in the larger compartment to hold the bladder in place and outlets for the tube at the top.
- There are a multitude of pockets providing plenty of external storage capacity on each side of the rucksack - a large elasticated mesh pocket, a bottle pocket and a zip hip pocket - which is useful for valuables and snacks.
- Compression cords can be used to hold contents in place if the rucksack isn't full or a handy attachment point for clothing.
- What sets the Laser Velo 30 apart from the standard Laser rucksacks is the HDPE frame support in the back which adds structure and holds the rucksack off the wearers back providing better airflow.
- There's a neat clear pocket which can be used to house an LED rear light, keeping it safe and helping to prevent it coming loose when you're on the move.
- An adjustable chest strap and hip belt helps to keep the pack in place when cycling.
- Number of Pockets: 9
- No. of hydration system tube entry points: 2
- Capacity: 30 litres
- Weighs: 832g
Help & advice: