The Janhukot jacket is a tough and durable down jacket for cold conditions, it has a technical hood and fleece lined hand warmer pockets.
Versatile and luxuriously warm, the Janhukot Jacket has been designed as a robust piece of 'do-it-all' down insulation equally at home for belaying as it is for winter walking. Protective PERTEX® QUANTUM PRO provides high levels of water resistance and is filled with high quality 650+ fill power down.
Montane's Janhukot Down Jacket is filled with 650 Fill Power down, which is not as high a quality as you will find in ultralight down jackets, but there's a lot of it, 260 grams, making this a seriously warm jacket. The outer fabrics have been beefed up to and are 40 denier marking this out as a durable piece, if you've ever snagged an ultralight down piece you'll appreciate the benefit of having this extra toughness.
It's still a technical jacket though, with a well thought out hood with volume adjuster and wired peak, it also has fleece lined hand pockets commensurate with a jacket designed for cold conditions.
The 650 Fill Power specification means it can be produced at a lower cost than other down jackets.
- Reviewed by Ultralight Outdoor Gear
- Midi baffle construction throughout
- Fully adjustable roll-away insulated climbing helmet compatible hood with stiffened peak
- Full-length two-way YKK VISLON front zip with internal storm flap
- Two microfleece lined hand pockets with YKK zips
- Zipped chest pocket
- Internal stretch mesh drop pocket
- Semi-elasticated cuffs with Velcro tab adjustments
- Adjustable hem with cinchable drawcord
- Montane dry bag
- Activites: Mountaineering/Climbing/Mountain Walking
- Small weighs: 694g
- Medium weighs: 724g
- Large weighs: 744g
- XLarge weighs: 764g
Material & Construction
- 40 Denier PERTEX QUANTUM PRO with a highly water-resistant coating
- 260g (M) of 80/20 water resistant fluorocarbon-free HyperDRY™ down at 650+ fill
- PEAQ Down lining
- Responsible Down Standard (RDS) and Track my Down™
- Back length: 70.5cm (size M)