This is the 3/4 length version of the classic Inertia X Frame for the serious weight savers. The Inertia X Lite offers support for a decent nights sleep, has an incredible pack size and low weight but has obvious concessions in terms of comfort and warmth.
A 3/4 length version of the Inertia X Frame™ sheds every ounce possible, is ultra compact, super comfortable, and weights a mere 5.6 ounces – the lightest pad in its class. Body mapping technology puts support where its needed, deep welds up the thermal efficiency, and patent-pending Loft Pocket Technology positions the chambers to maximize your sleeping bag’s performance and eliminate unnecessary materials that add weight. It inflates in just a couple of breaths, packs to about the size of a banana, and is built with durable fabrics for years of use.
Comfort wise this pad sits somewhere between a self inflating mat and a full airbed so its not as warm or as comfortable as the insulated airbeds that we sell but its still pretty comfortable especially when compared to self inflating mats and (God forbid) closed cell foam - and given its pack size and weight I find myself reaching for this or its bigger brother every time if I'm going ultralight.
It offers no insulation itself but does allow your sleeping bag to loft into the pockets to keep you warm - really nice innovation.
The cut out regions of the pad not only reduce the pad's bulk and weight but is the basis for Klymit's loft pocket technology. Loft pockets allow the insulation on the bottom of sleeping bags to maintain loft and warmth beneath your body where it would normally be compacted and useless while promoting breathability.
Built with durable ripstop 30d top and 75d bottom fabrics the Inertia X-Lite is also one of the toughest pads on the market.
- Reviewed by Ultralight Outdoor Gear
- Minimalist Design: Advanced patterning removes all extraneous material to creates an ultralight, minimalist design that delivers comfort and support for only 5.6 oz. and packs to 2.5” x 5.5”.
- Body Mapping: Advanced patterning places chambers only where padding is needed and eliminates them where they are not, allowing us to shed significant weight without sacrificing comfort.
- Loft Pockets: Empty spaces between the chambers serve as expansion zones that allow your sleeping bag to fully loft beneath you, maximizing its thermal performance.
- The Right Size: At 48” long, the streamlined size is tapered to fit the body and allows the pad to be used inside or outside of your sleeping bag.
- Patch included for emergency repairs
- Weight: 152g (excludes storage bag + pump)
- Dimensions: 42 x 18 x 1.5 in / 107 x 46 x 4 cm
- Packed Size: 5.5 x 2.5 in / 14 x 6 cm
- Fabric: 30D Top / 75D Bottom Polyester
- Warranty: Klymit Lifetime Warranty
- ASTM R-Value: Not quoted
- Old R-Value test (EMPA): 1.3
From 2020, there is a new industry standard for measuring the R-value (level of insulation) of sleeping mats – ASTM F3340-18. This new standard is the sleeping mat equivalent to the EN rating for sleeping bags.
You can now directly compare the R-value of mats rated using the ASTM F3340-18 with confidence that is a fair and accurate comparison between mats. In simple terms, the higher the R-value, the warmer the mat.
In general terms, an R-value below 2.0 is for summer use, 2.0 to 4.0 is for cooler 3 season use and 4.0+ is for winter temperatures. This will be also be dependent on your sleeping bag, how cold you sleep etc. Please contact our customer service team if you need advice on choosing the right mat for your activity.