The Houdini Air jacket is a super light-weight windproof. Inhabiting a space between Patagonia's Houdini and Airshed. Made for longer missions when breathability and a little bit of weather resistance are essential.
Flurries of snow, gusts of wind, continual sun-cloud cycles—spring can’t make up its mind. For those who run far in unpredictable conditions, the Houdini Air strikes a balance between our more shut-down Houdini and the hard-charging Airshed. The ultralight double-weave nylon/polyester fabric (partially recycled) has outstanding breathability along with a textured interior that enhances airflow and next-to-skin comfort when sweating. Minimalist detailing includes low-bulk cuffs and hem, single-pull adjustable hood and a zippered chest pocket that converts to a stuffsack with a reinforced carabiner clip-in loop. Reflective P-6 logo on left chest and a DWR (durable water repellent) finish.
The Houdini Air Jacket from Patagonia is a super-light wind jacket. Weighing in at 110g it keeps features to a minimum to achieve this weight. However, it still has a small zipped chest pocket (is too small for my phone but would fit a snack bar) which doubles as a stuff sack along with adjustable hood and hem with small draw cords to get the fit right for the conditions. Part elasticated cuffs also help with this fit without restricting movement.
The Houdini Air jacket is surprisingly comfortable next to the skin considering how light it is. The Air is more comfortable, stretchier and more breathable than the Houdini jacket for small weight increase. It is perfect for trail runners but is useful to anyone heading to the hills for throwing over a mid layer to keep out the wind. The jacket is made from is 51% recycled fabric which is a fantastic Eco bonus typical of Patagonia's ethos.
- Reviewed by Ultralight Outdoor Gear
(Unfortunately, we are unable to ship Patagonia products outside of the European Area (defined as the European Economic Area plus Switzerland and the UK))
- Ultra-lightweight breathable double weave with a texturized back allows for increased airflow next to skin to help avoid that hot, sweaty feeling during high-output activities
- Fabric has a DWR (durable water repellent) finish, providing weather protection, and is made with postindustrial recycled nylon
- Zippered chest pocket converts to stuffsack with a reinforced carabiner clip-in loop
- Minimal trim built into cuffs and hem for low bulk, superior comfort and in-motion fit
- Built to handle different weather conditions while you’re moving—both from the outside environment and your own next-to-skin microclimate
- Hood adjusts in one pull for ease of use and good peripheral vision
- Perfect for use over tech tees and baselayers when more protection is needed but you also want added breathability
- Reflective P-6 logo on left chest
- Small weighs: 106g
- Medium weighs: 110g
- Large weighs: 126g
- XLarge weighs: 128g
- Fit: Slim
- 1.4-oz 90% nylon (51% recycled)/10% polyester double weave with a DWR (durable water repellent) finish