Nemo's Hornet 2P Tent is a spacious light-weight 2 person shelter. The Hornet is quick and simple to set up and has a useful feature set.
For those looking for a ultralight shelter with greater volume, Hornet™ offers the ultimate in livability and comfort. Top shelf fabrics and a minimal pole structure shave every ounce possible, while our latest updates and new patent-pending Flybar™ volumizing clip add even more room without adding any weight.
The single pole construction allows for lightning quick setup and minimal pole weight. Triangulated reflective guy outs and corner struts increase volume at the foot, protecting sleeping bags from tent wall condensation. The 2-Person has two doors and two vestibules for 30 ounces, and the 1-Person weighs in at an ethereal 26 ounces. Split the load with a partner using the unique Divvy™ dual-stage stuff sack to further lighten your pack.
Nemo's Hornet 2P Tent is a spacious light-weight 2 person shelter. The single pole set system makes it very quick to set up. The head room is generous at the middle of the tent but the height isn't maintained across the width of the tent like with the slightly heavier Nemo Dragonfly. though the patent pending Flybar™ do give you some space. The tent has slightly triangular shape, meaning you would want to make sure which end is the head end when pitching, however the Hornet is sufficiently free standing means its easy to move around when choosing your pitch.
The fly is relatively high off the ground meaning you would need to be cautious which way you pitch when camping in high winds. A useful feature is the extra guyouts enabling you to increase your living space by attaching the inner to the fly. These are quite fiddly but do give you more space.
Other handy features include the 2 side storage pockets and light pocket designed to diffuse the light from your head torch.
- Reviewed by Ultralight Outdoor Gear
- Premium 10D Nylon Ripstop fly with silicone water repellent is extremely light and durable.
- Large doors and vestibules provide ample gear coverage for each person.
- Unique Divvy™ dual stage stuff sack makes it easy to divide the load with a partner.
- Patent-pending Flybar™ volumizing pole clip adds more room at the head and distributes fly tension evenly.
- Volumizing guyouts connect the inner tent to the rainfly, pulling the sidewalls of the inner tent outward to create more livable space.
- White No-See-Um Mesh at the side increases privacy, while black mesh at the top turns virtually transparent at night for clear stargazing.
- Triangulated volumizing guyouts and struts at corners increase volume at the foot, protecting sleeping bags from tent wall condensation.
- Light Pockets™ turn your headlamp into a tent lantern, providing a pleasant, even glow through light-diffusing fabric.
- DAC Featherlite poles boast minimal weight and connect with a single hubbed intersection for lightning-quick setup.
- Flysheet weighs: 298g
- Inner weighs: 404g
- Poles weigh: 224g
- Total weight: 926g (excludes pegs & bags)
- Pegs x6 weigh: 94g
- Capacity: 2P
- Door Quantity: 2
- Vestibule Quantity: 2
- Minimum weight: 1 lb, 15 oz / 878g
- Packed weighs: 2 lb, 6 oz / 1.08kg
- Packed size: 19.5 x 5.5 in dia / 50 x 14 cm dia
- Peak Height: 39 in / 98 cm
- Floor Area: 27.5 sq ft / 2.6 sq m
- Floor dimensions: 85 x 51/43 in / 215 x 130/108 cm
- Vestibule Area: 7.1 sq ft + 7.1 sq ft / 0.7 sq m + 0.7 sq m
Construction & Materials
- Freestanding?: Semi-Freestanding
- Frame: 1 Hubbed Aluminum DAC Featherlite® NFL 8.7mm pole
- Canopy Fabric: 10D Nylon Ripstop/ No-See-Um Mesh
- Fly Fabric: 10D Sil/PeU Nylon Ripstop (1200 mm)
- Floor Fabric: 15D Sil/PeU Nylon Ripstop (1200 mm)
- Stuff Sack: Divvy Sack