The Helium Down Jacket is warm and durable, combining 800 fill power down with Diamond Fuse fabric for increased durability. It’s more rugged than your typical lightweight down jacket.
Outdoor Research says
Durable and lightweight Diamond Fuse down jacket, ready for rugged use and won’t weigh you down.
The Helium Down Jacket is warm and durable, combining 800 fill power down with Diamond Fuse fabric for increased durability. It’s more rugged than your typical lightweight down jacket. The Diamond Fuse fabric offers more abrasion and tear resistance than most similar jackets.
One thing that this jacket doesn’t lack is pockets. There’s an external chest pocket, two hand pockets with a soft brushed lining on the knuckle side (the left one doubles as a stuff sack with carabiner loop and key clip) and two internal stash pockets to keep a water bottle or climbing shoes warm in cold conditions.
The main zipper has a strip of webbing behind to minimise the chance of the fabric snagging which can be a problem with some jackets. Not this one.
The Helium Down jacket is the best option if you want a lightweight down jacket that can cope with rougher use.
- Reviewed by Ultralight Outdoor Gear
- Fabric Performance: Water Resistant, Wind Resistant, Durable, Lightweight
- Design Features: External Chest Pocket, Single Separating Center Front Zipper, Brushed Tricot Knuckle Side of Hand Pockets, Dual Internal Stash Pockets, Left Hand Pocket Doubles as Stuff Sack, Carabiner Loop with Key Clip, Clean Finish Elastic Drawcord Hem, Low-Pro Binding™, No-Snag Webbing Behind Center Front Zipper
- Small weighs: 320g
- Medium weighs: 338g
- Large weighs: 358g
- XLarge weighs: 382g
- Fit: Standard
- Back length: 29.25" / 74cm
- Pertex® Diamond Fuse 100% nylon 15D x 30D ripstop, Bluesign fabric
- Pertex® Shield Diamond Fuse 2.5L 100% nylon 30D ripstop waterproof hood / shoulder / upper sleeve, Bluesign Fabric
- 100% nylon 20D ripstop lining,
- 110g of 800+ fill power, responsibly sourced goose down insulation
Help and advice: