The Ortlieb Handlebar Pack is a large waterproof pack capable of carrying bigger pieces of kit for real bikepacking adventures. As with the rest of the Ortlieb bikepacking range this is a high quality product that is well designed, with a strong durable construction.
The waterproof ORTLIEB Handlebar-Pack is an indispensable item when you’re on a bikepacking tour in the great outdoors. Depending on the particular model, the Handlebar-Pack offers a payload of either 9 or 15 liters for your sleeping bag and pad. It also helps to secure a balanced distribution of gear and weight across your bike. Thanks to the roll closures at both ends, you can always gain quick access to your gear. Compression belts on the outside enable the stowing and attachment of additional equipment. Moreover, the Handlebar-Pack comes with four hooks to enable the attachment of an ORTLIEB Accessory-Pack for additional stowage space. Consisting of spacers and two strong Velcro straps, the mounting system ensures secure attachment to any handlebar type, including carbon handlebars. The pack’s stiffened interior and head-tube attachment offer additional stability – in any terrain.
The smaller of the two models belongs to the compact class of bikepacker handlebar rolls. With a length of only 40 cm, this waterproof handlebar bag is the right choice for bikepackers with off-road drop bars and both racing and hybrid-style handlebars. The compact Handlebar-Pack is also extremely lightweight.
Thanks to its additional drawstrings, the 15-liter pack gives you the option taking additional equipment with you on your trip.
Ortlieb's Handlebar Pack - M is another well designed and well built piece of bikepacking kit. This is a significant size and with ends that roll then clip close, compression straps and an external draw string you can adjust this pack to suit your trip needs. It was large enough to fit a sleeping bag and mat along with a few additional pieces of kit. This would be excessive for single day outings but it has worked perfectly on overnight and a couple of multi-day trips.
The adjustable straps mean that this doesn't bounce about on rocky trails and I didn't really notice the additional weight in terms of the balance and handling of the bike. Even with pretty muddy trails and a few river crossings the pack handled it all with ease and the contents remained dry and after a good wash the pack looked in perfect condition.
- Reviewed by Ultralight Outdoor Gear
|Read reviews here:|
- Waterproof luggage roll for handlebar with two-way roll closure access
- Ideal handlebar bag for bikepacking
- Perfect for waterproof storage for soft items like clothes or sleeping bag (two openings)
- Quick and easy two-way access
- Width varies between 35 cm to 58 cm/14 in. to 23 in.
- Light weight sturdy PU laminated rip stop nylon
- 5 spacers and 2 straps with side release buckles and Velcro attachments to secure bag to the handle bars
- 4 alloy hooks for adjusting the compression straps or fixing the Accessory-Pack (available separately)
- Compression straps and elastics cords
- Internal stifferener for increased stability
- Can be mounted to carbon handlebars
- Balanced weight distribution on bicycle
- 2 reflectors 3M Scotchlite
- Maximum capacity: 5 kg/11 lbs
- IPX Rating: IP64
||||IP (Ingress Protection) ratings are an industry standard which classify the degree of water and dust protection provided. Click on the logo to find out more...|
- Weight: 388g
- Volume: 15 Litres
- Height: 20cm
- Width: 58cm
- Depth: 20cm
- Fabric: PS21R