The Guide 2 GORE-TEX® gloves are ideal for prolonged mountain use. Waterproof and warm, the grip control palm and durable stretch outer allow for good dexterity when handling rope and belaying.
Designed for long winter days, the durable yet dexterous nature of the Guide 2 GTX Gloves make them well suited to dedicated winter mountaineers, outdoor professionals and guides. The robust outer uses GORE-TEX® Warm waterproof technology with a supple Pittards® leather palm and digital leather reinforcement. This is combined with PrimaLoft® Gold synthetic insulation and a high pile lining to ensure warmth, dexterity and protection on cold, damp climbs.
The mapped 3D construction, pre-curved shape and PrimaLoft® Gold Grip Control of the Guide 2 GTX Gloves make ropework and tool handling easier, reducing hand fatigue on long days. In addition to this, the roll-top fingers and thumbs give a more precise fit, minimise seam exposure and increase durability. The cuff of the gloves can be quickly adjusted using one hand, and the protective outer extends inside the cuff of the glove to reduce freeze-thaw melt when clearing snowy ledges. An integrated pull-on tab and removable leash make sure gloves are firmly attached, and are easy to put on and take off.
Rab's Guide 2 Gore-Tex Gloves are designed to allow the user to wear a liner glove when using them. Where I would normally wear an X-Large in a Rab glove, if i wanted to wear just these Glove and no liners I would choose the Large.
The quality Pittards leather features heavily on these gloves and when you consider the materials and the craftmanship you realise these gloves should last you many, many years.
There's some features that might not appeal to all end-users such as the elasticated leashes, but these are removable.
The multi-purpose Guide 2 gloves would happily be at home halfway up a frozen waterfall or trekking on the tops in a near whiteout.
- Reviewed by Ultralight Outdoor Gear
- GORE-TEX® Warm waterproof technology
- PrimaLoft® Gold and high pile 60g/m2 insulation to back of hand
- Bemberg and PrimaLoft® Gold 100g/m2 grip control palm insulation
- Durable textured stretch outer
- Pittards® Armortan leather palm, fingers and nosewipe
- Pittards® digital leather reinforcement in key wear areas
- Single handed adjustable cuff
- Integrated pull on tab
- 3D pre-curved construction
- Removable leash
- Small pair weighs: 234g
- Medium pair weighs: 236g
- Large pair weighs: 254g
- XLarge pair weighs: 266g
- Fabric Outer: GORE-TEX®:,
- Fabric Inner: Pittards®:, PrimaLoft® Gold
- Fabric Contrast: Nylon:,10000mm,DWR 80/20, 182g/m², Nylon