Scarpa's Golden Gate ATR is a highly cushioned versatile running shoe that is comfortable on both road and longer distance trails, that will appeal to both experienced runners and beginners a like.
The GOLDEN GATE ATR is the perfect shoe for medium to long distance runs on mixed terrain, including off-road as well as paved surfaces. This model is well suited to athletes of any weight and experience level, who are looking for a reliable and comfortable shoe for their daily training. The GOLDEN GATE ATR is an extremely versatile road-to-trail transitional shoe in the world of trail running.
City 3/5 Approach 4/5 Runing 5/5
Scarpa's Golden Gate ATR is a shoe that is designed to provide performance both on trail and road and offers something for both experianced and new runners making it a good all round choice.
The Golden Gate ATR has features that will be desired by both experienced runners and those who are just taking it up. The uppers are a foot wrapping thanks to Scarpa's Sock-Fit technology which makes them a very adapatable fit for a range of different foot shapes. On the foot this works really well and the upper generates a close fit but doesn't feel tight or restrictive. the mesh design of the upper makes them highly breathable but it also manages to be very durable and abrasion resistant, making it very reliable on trails.
What the Golden Gate really offers is a sole unit that makes it a cross over for both trail and road, as well as providing a comfort level that is appealing to a broad range of runners. This is due to the high level of cushioning and support that the EVA midsole offers, providing a level of support that makes it ideal for the constant pounding on roads, steep trails and for runners who require more support from their shoes over longer distances.
The Golden Gate is very obviously designed for those looking for a high level of support and is certainly not a classic trail running shoe. It does feel different on the foot to a lot of other shoes on the market, but it's combination of being both a longer distance trail shoe and a road shoe make it a solid choice for a a wide range of running needs.
- Reviewed by Ultralight Outdoor Gear
- FIT: With a perfect, foot-wrapping fit, it allows adaptability to different foot shapes, thanks to the Sock-Fit LW by SCARPA construction system.
- UPPER: A lightweight and breathable upper with a structural wave closure system designed for optimal fit, and featuring an integrated collar and tongue to provide easy foot entry and fantastic fit around the ankle.
- MIDSOLE: The "i-Respond" propulsion system enhances the thrust phase, amplifying energy input with greater energy return. SOLE: Exclusive Presa® sole, composed of 4 mm variable lug shapes, ensuring traction off road while the central EVA zones facilitate the cushioning on paved surfaces.
- Weight: 291g (Per UK 08 Shoe)
- Drop: 4mm
- Stack: Heel 26mm / Toe 22mm
- Upper: Fabric + Film + Microfiber
- Lining: Stretch Textile
- Sole: Presa TRN-02
- Last: ATR