The Glow is a versatile synthetic quilt that can be used alone in summer or used to boost the warmth of your sleep set up year-round. Durability is not an issue with this combination of materials for the shell and the insulation itself.
Sea to Summit says
Designed as an easy-care durable summer quilt, our versatile synthetic Glow GwI also integrates with all Sea to Summit sleeping bags (from 2021) to boost the warmth of your complete sleep system. Ideal for use in humid and damp climates and a great option for a lightweight bivi set up.
When the mercury climbs, treat your Glow like a traditional quilt and allow your feet and arms freedom to cool you down. When the temperature drops, cinch the draw cord tight to create a foot pocket and secure the quilt to your mat with the simple strap and press-stud system to reduce heat loss.
Synthetic insulation excels in wet conditions and by using continuous filament insulation, our Glow quilt provides excellent long-term thermal performance and durability. Offering superior recovery after compression, it retains more loft and warmth over time. The DWR treated 30D Nylon shell and 20D Nylon lining means it’s lightweight and packable—it’s also easy-care and machine washable.
For backcountry enthusiasts not so enthusiastic about a restrictive sleeping bag, our adaptable Glow quilts’ multiple configurations provide easy-care versatility for a wide range of temperatures and environments.
Sea to Summit's Glow Gw1 Synthetic Quilt is a light weight, durable quilt that is an ideal summer addition to your sleep system. The quilt is versatile enough to be used as a stand alone in mild conditions or attach to another quilt or sleeping bag, with the specific poppers that keep it in place, to boost the temperature rating when it gets cold. The use of synthetic insulation is a new direction for Sea to Summit but it is ideal for use in damp conditions, especially for bivy trips.
The use of Filament Synthetic Insulation provides a nice layer of insulation to keep the chill out overnight but this is really just a summer quilt unless you're a very warm sleeper or you're coupling it with another quilt or bag. It uses much more durable 30D and 20D fabrics compared to other ultralight quilts without too much of a weight penalty.
- Reviewed by Ultralight Outdoor Gear
- Adaptable set-up to suit variable conditions and environments—particularly wet
- Freedom to move and ventilate when it’s warm
- Versatile press stud and adjustable strap system secures quilt to your mat, keeping heat loss to a minimum
- Conveniently located press studs allow quilt to be secured around neck to help trap in warmth
- Connect two quilts together to make a double—Cinder, Glow and/or Ember Quilts
- QuiltLock System connects your Glow quilt to any Sea to Summit sleeping bag for extra warmth and to prevent the quilt from sliding off
- Lightweight 30D shell and 20D lining fabrics for compact packed size
- Super durable continuous filament synthetic insulation for trusted warmth in wet environments
- Includes a Sea to Summit Ultra-Sil™ Compression Sack
- EN13537:2012 Lower Limit: 10°C / 40°F
- EN13537:2012 Lowest Comfort Limit: 4°C / 50°F
- Weight: 616g (excludes storage bags)
- Fill weight: N/A
- Fits up to: 6 ft / 183 cm
- Internal Width Shoulder: 120cm / 47 in
- Internal Width Waist: 150cm / 59 in
- Internal Width Feet: 87cm / 34 in
- Packed size: 15.5 x 18cm
- Weight: 684g (excludes storage bags)
- Fill weight: N/A
- Fits up to: 6 ft 6 in / 198 cm
- Internal Width Shoulder: 140cm / 55 in
- Internal Width Waist: 170cm / 67 in
- Internal Width Feet: 97cm / 38 in
- Packed size: 18.5 x 17cm
- Insulation: Super durable continuous filament synthetic insulation for trusted warmth in wet environments
- Shell: Lightweight 30D shell and 20D lining fabrics for compact packed size
- Comes with: Sea to Summit Ultra-Sil™ Compression Sack